Re: Recent patch kinda broke the game (sell/repair, harvesters, binding error)

by -leafspring-3Z-

Original Post

Recent patch kinda broke the game (sell/repair, harvesters, binding error)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Patching the game today introduced at least three visible bugs not there before
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? * Warning for binding error that is not there * Harvesters stop working after executing a command * Cannot repair/sell buildings
What do you expect to see? The bugs not happening.

I just updated the game to the recent patch and I'm now encountering three issues in Tiberian Dawn that were not there yesterday.

• Every time I start the game I get a warning of a duplicate binding. It says deploy vehicle and select vehicle tab is bound to the same which it is not (one is ^, the other R)
  • I am currently in the middle of Nod 13A in Tib Dawn and can no longer repair or sell any building except walls. I do get the cursor icon and the sound queue but nothing happens
  • Harvesters are no longer automated. I tell them to harvest and they just stop in place when full. I tell them to unload and they stop after doing that. Judging from how they behave, they might be stuck on a certain refinery and tib field they can't reach. No manual control can change that it seems.

edit: I think the harvester issue popped up after restarting the game and loading a save.

Message 1 of 12 (1,779 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@-leafspring-3Z- Repair doesn't work anymore for me either (single player) Tried several saves which worked before. Waiting for a fix for this before I resume playing.
Message 2 of 12 (1,734 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. Repairing and selling is not possible anymore plus this bindings warning.

Message 3 of 12 (1,706 Views)

★★ Novice

For the record: Starting the mission anew (via Mission Selection in the main menu) seems to have solved the sell/repair issue (at least for now). 

Message 4 of 12 (1,662 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@-leafspring-3Z- hey buddy, could share one of those repair/sell issue saves over here? i guess, EA team is already working on a fix. maybe it will help them fix it quickly.
Message 5 of 12 (1,595 Views)

★ Novice
@SnakeheadMonster - about the sell/repair Problem: i could help by sharing my savegame of nod 21 deceit, if you tell me how i can Convert/Send the files further to the right place...
Message 6 of 12 (1,559 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@GrumpyGER hey, for Steam (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\1067122037\1213210\remote\save_game)
Incase of Origin: (C:\Users\PokeNzi\Documents\CnCRemastered\Save)

once you are in the right directory, Select "NOD 21 Deceit" save and Share it here or DM me Personally.
Message 7 of 12 (1,543 Views)

★ Novice

I send you a PM, but it doesnt seem to work this way neither.

Not in the reply and not in the PM i had the possibility to upload the *sav file.
It states:Unsupported extension type
It seems to me like i coud upload images, vids or links but i dont get how i can transfer the *save file to you...
I will try to restart the mission, but the 2 saves with ~30/35 minutes playtime in this mission seem to be no more helpful for myself Frown

thx anyway

Message 8 of 12 (1,511 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@GrumpyGER hey buddy, could you put that .Sav file in a Folde, then ZIp that folder and share it here/DM me. Standard smile i will make sure, EA Developer take a look into it and fix it in the upcoming patch.
Message 9 of 12 (1,500 Views)

★★ Novice

I just installed the recent patch and tested it with the broken TD savegame: 

* Binding error is fixed and no longer shows up

* Repair and sell works now

Didn't check the harvesters but I assume that's a more general problem. Even after restart I had to sell all unreachable refineries until the harvesters stopped breaking. Anyway, all good now. Standard smile 

Message 10 of 12 (1,457 Views)