★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? QBKillaJA
Date/time issue occurred Constant
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Online head to head
Summarize your bug Constantly when my opponent is losing badly or I clinch a win with a turnover, they disconnect their internet connection and the game usually gives them the win. Even if I'm winning by 14-20 points. Out of my 11 losses roughly 6-7 of them have been from my opponent disconnecting their signal. I love the game but it is extremely annoying that they can't just offer the friendly concede or take the loss.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every time an opponent loses connection I get the loss on my record.
What happens when the bug occurs? I received an unearned loss on my online record.
What do you expect to see? The game to filter out when someone loses in correlation to when they are about to lose.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Most of my losses on my online record have come from beating my opponent and them disconnecting their signal. It is extremely annoying for this continuous disturbance.

Message 1 of 10 (1,395 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Receiving unearned losses online

Community Manager

@Jay_Da_Nupe 

Can you switch to a wired connection or is your router too far away?

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (1,320 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @Jay_Da_Nupe.

Did the disconnects just recently start happening or have they been occurring for a while now? Also, are you on a wired or wireless connection?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,349 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It has been happening for a while now over the past month. Also, I use a wireless connection.

Message 3 of 10 (1,329 Views)

Community Manager

@Jay_Da_Nupe 

Can you switch to a wired connection or is your router too far away?

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it won't reach to my room. But I rarely have a problem with lagging and signal usually. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,270 Views)

Community Manager

@Jay_Da_Nupe 

That's probably the issue then. Wireless is unreliable and prone to disconnects/lag. Especially when the signal has to travel through walls and/or floors. This gets worse when there are other devices sharing the same connection. It's worse still when anyone is streaming media while you're playing. Until you get wired, or at a minimum, closer to the router, this will continue to happen. You can try changing the wireless channel you're using. That may help. Also, you could try opening the ports for Madden. They are listed here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/. You can get some help with this at www.portforward.com.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 10 (1,246 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That would probably help but the signal hasn't been an issue most of the game losses I referred.They didn't happen until my opponent is about to lose. Would what your preferring stop that?

Message 7 of 10 (1,216 Views)

Community Manager

@Jay_Da_Nupe 

If the loss is happening due to disconnecting from games, chances are excellent it's due to being wireless. The best thing to do is switch to a wired connection. You should see your connection improve a lot.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,173 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I disagree. I'm experiencing this issue on PS5 2023 digital version of Madden. I've got roughly 300 games under my belt and I'd guess 60ish of mystery losses are due to opponent disconnection. It annoying as hell

Message 9 of 10 (645 Views)

Community Manager

@f3efe40cad35f194 

I'm locking this thread due to it's age. We don't allow "necro posting" on Answers HQ. Please post your issue on the Madden boards here. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 10 (628 Views)