Rearview mirror is backwards in some cars

by PanFrie

Original Post

Re: Rearview mirror is backwards in some cars

★★ Apprentice

This bug still persists with the Pro Muscle Corvette at the very least, though for some reason this bothers me less than many other bugs with this game.

This one is probably never getting fixed. I've learned to accept it as some sort of "feature" for some of these cars that's "intended", though that's obviously not the case.

Message 11 of 17 (1,806 Views)

★★ Guide
@CrashmasterSOAD mirror feeding you wrong information is never a 'intended' thing Standard smile

I guess they have one more update to fix this, I wouldn't hold my breath though.
Message 12 of 17 (1,796 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Skyline Time Attack, Lotus Evija.. the list goes on apparently.

Almost a year after release... What a sad state games are getting released in these days. And of course this is nowhere near to being the only issue, bug or lazy implementation in this game.

What a shame, because the actual racing is fantastic and I keep coming back to the game despite so many things annoying me at the same time.

Message 13 of 17 (1,757 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I can confirm this is the same thing happens on the PS5 version, I just started playing this game yesterday and this was very distracting. It's in the opening test runs when the game is installing, specifically the Porsche. Also the opening race in the story mode with the Gr1 car, it seems to be most cars with the electronic central reverse camera. It also happens in a few cars with normal rear view mirrors. Of the 7-10 races I've done (including the preview events during install) it has happened in at least 6 of those cars to give a starting point. 

Message 14 of 17 (1,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The Nissan skyline time attack car. 

Message 15 of 17 (156 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been with GRID since the beginning and I can honestly say, since the second GRID installment on the Xbox 360, this one is the only one which came close to its predecessors. However. I am still oh so very disappointed that they haven’t taken the time to rework the mirror issue and the vehicle damage physics. The first one was almost true soft body, now it’s like your car is falling apart but looks almost fine. Come on guys. It’s like going from GTA 4 to GTA 5 we want the old style back. 

Message 16 of 17 (155 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Also, it rains inside of vehicles and certain tunnels. It's been going on for a while, but it might be linked to an issue with the Nvidia graphics driver. Remember how Nvidia released a driver that caused flags to flicker in Grid 2019 for about 6 months before they patched it up?

Message 17 of 17 (148 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help