Real player names being wrongly filtered in Pro Clubs

by wickRP92

Original Post

Re: System insisting I change team name as it is offensive

★★★★★ Newbie
@rouchie63 did you find out what was happening? I had it first on my pro clubs saying I couldn't use Watson (which is my surname) as it was offensive or harrassment? Even tho the commentator calls me Watson but I couldn't have it on my shirt and now I have to change my FIFA UT name even though I've had the same one all through FIFA 21 because it's offensive and harrassment
Message 10 of 43 (1,722 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Sparkster_1991 No response as yet - Just started another session tonight and have had the same message
Message 11 of 43 (1,667 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@rouchie63 i have same problem, today i logged in and i got the same message to change my fut name because it is offensive. The name is FKK Limbach - which is literally "Futbalový Klub Karpaty Limbach" Which means football club karpaty limbach, so it is just a name of a real team. How can this be offensive? EA FIX please thx
Message 12 of 43 (1,641 Views)

★ Pro

I think EA recently made changes to what they consider offensive. 

In the past whenever people have flagged issues with it though I think EA's response is that you just have to change your name. 

Message 13 of 43 (1,634 Views)

Club name contains a censored word

★★★ Newbie

I just logged in to FIFA 22 ea trial and i am trying to change my name for the basics objective but it says it’s censored. I don’t know what to do about it. 

Message 14 of 43 (1,800 Views)

Nombre equipo clubes pro / Team name pro clubs

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

SPANISH

Juego: Fifa 22

Plataforma: Todas

Modo de juego: Clubes pro

Problema:

No se puede crear un equipo con el nombre que empiece por ZAF , lo da como censurado, o como que es ofensivo.

Es un problema porque soy manager de un equipo, y no puedo escribir el nombre correctamente.

¿Pueden arreglarlo?  Gracias

ENGLISH

Game: Fifa 22

Plataforma: All

Modo de juego: Pro clubs

Problem:

I cant create a team with a name started with ZAF, its like is offensive or censored.

I am a team pro clubs manager and I cant write correctly the name of my team

Can fix it? Thanks.

Message 15 of 43 (1,806 Views)

Re: Nombre equipo clubes pro / Team name pro clubs

★ Apprentice
Message 16 of 43 (1,784 Views)

Real player names being wrongly filtered in Pro Clubs

★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 22
Platform:PlayStation 5
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 5
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? wick15
Which mode has this happened in? FIFA Pro Clubs
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into Edit Avatar in Pro Clubs, change name to a real players name (In this case Shinji Kagawa), Confirm changes
What happens when the bug occurs? A message pops up when you confirm it saying the name has been filtered as it may be offensive to others.
What should be happening instead? You should be allowed to use real player names

Hey,

I'm trying to create my Pro with the name of my favourite player Shinji Kagawa, but apparently that's an offensive name. Is there anyway something like that can be fixed as it makes no sense that you can select Kagawa as a commentary name, but not have it as the name on the players shirt. 

Thanks

Message 17 of 43 (1,813 Views)

Create a player with Real Name - Error Profane word

★ Novice

Product: FIFA 22
Platform:PlayStation 5
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 5
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? RogueRafa
Which mode has this happened in? VOLTA
Which part of the mode? VOLTA Story
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a player with the name Rafael.
What happens when the bug occurs? It doesn't allow you to do that, since it considers my name as a profane name
What should be happening instead? It should allow to create a player with name Rafa or Rafael

I'm not able to create a player with my real name in FIFA 22 on Volta.

It was possible in FIFA 21 but not in FIFA 22 since it considers it is a profane word.

My real name is Rafael, and you have real players with that name and I'm not able to create.

Please fix this.

Message 18 of 43 (1,781 Views)

Re: Create a player with Real Name - Error Profane word

★★★ Newbie

Me too... My name is also Rafael. Fix it EA, please.

Message 19 of 43 (1,750 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help