Re: Re-Installed Game, Connected to Apple Game Center--Stuck in Tutorial Mode

by FamousArtistLM

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Re-Installed Game, Connected to Apple Game Center--Stuck in Tutorial Mode

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Iphone
OS Version 13
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I re-installed the game (at EA's request as I have not gotten Eco Upgrade Packs) Game was saved to Apple Game Center. When given a choice to start a new game or the game from the cloud I chose "from the cloud". First Sim ever is displayed as a floating head--no body. Stuck in tutorial mode. Adding an entire collection of furniture cannot get me past the first task of fixing up a room. Can see that my old friend's list still exists by clicking on "Level" button. I am stuck in level one. Cannot go to work, cannot access pull out menu on the right of screen.
What do you expect to see? I expect for my old game to be uploaded and be able to get past the initial tutorial.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country US

I re-installed the game (at EA's request as I have not gotten Eco Upgrade Packs) Game was saved to Apple Game Center. When given a choice to start a new game or the game from the cloud I chose "from the cloud". First Sim ever is displayed as a floating head--no body. Stuck in tutorial mode. Adding an entire collection of furniture cannot get me past the first task of fixing up a room. Can see that my old friend's list still exists by clicking on "Level" button. I am stuck in level one. Cannot go to work, cannot access pull out menu on the right of screen.

Message 1 of 6 (856 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello SalixCat. Just want to let you know I contacted EA Help through Facebook. They got back to me before I could borrow another device. I was given the option for a game reset since I had linked my game to Apple Game Center. I lost a few days progress, but was happy to recover a years worth of packs and STS prizes. (I was given several options of saves to choose from according to day).

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (691 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@FamousArtistLM 

Unfortunately this is an issue that we can't help you fix from the forums.

You should send in a Help Ticket from your in-game account. Advisors need mobile players to do this because in-game mobile tickets bring through needed details. Contacting by any other method will only delay support and you'll be asked to go back and send in an in-game help ticket. Also worth noting that sending in help tickets from the mobile in-game account ensures the tickets go through to the mobile advisors directly who'll be far more informed.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 6 (816 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SalixCat Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I cannot send an in-game help ticket, as the game won't even let me progress to the point where that is possible.

Message 3 of 6 (791 Views)

Hero
@FamousArtistLM Sorry. The link you need is this one: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-mobile
Hope you get your game back soon.

Message 4 of 6 (763 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello SalixCat. Just want to let you know I contacted EA Help through Facebook. They got back to me before I could borrow another device. I was given the option for a game reset since I had linked my game to Apple Game Center. I lost a few days progress, but was happy to recover a years worth of packs and STS prizes. (I was given several options of saves to choose from according to day).

Message 5 of 6 (692 Views)

Hero
@FamousArtistLM Glad you got your game back and in time for the new STS.

Message 6 of 6 (657 Views)