Re: Raw mouse input off not working when in Nvidia Surround triple monitor set u

by BoBoMeMnOn

Original Post

Raw mouse input off still not working // possible software conflict

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug I can't use my mouse in-game when raw mouse input is disabled. Basically, mouse look is stuttery and ultra-slow., completely unplayable.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? BoBoMeMnOn
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 11/23/2017
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 12:00 pm
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Well, that's the thing. At first I thought it was related to my 3 monitor set up (Nvidia suround) but that's not the case as it does the same thing on a single monitor. Then I thought it may be my mouse + mouse software (ROCCAT Kone XTD optical) But it's not as I disabled the mouse software and even tried other generic mice + my old steelseries gaming mouse but no difference. I have dual OS so to rule out a Windows 10 issue I booted into Windows 7 and it did the same thing, so not that. I tried disconnecting all peripherals and disabling as many things as possible in task manager to rule out a software conflict but still no change Frown
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't use the mouse. It becomes ultra-slow and stuttery, unplayable.
What do you expect to see? I expect there to be no issues and for the mouse to work fine when raw mouse input is disabled. All I can say is under this exact same setup/rig/mouse/OS I am able to play your previous titles without any issue (SW:BF1, Battlefield 1, BF4, etc..)
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080ti

Summarize your bug Even after the latest patch, turning off raw mouse input breaks mouse look.
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 11/21/2017
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 12:00 PM
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the game's settings folder, open the ProfileOptions_profile_synced folder and change GstInput.MouseRawInput from 1 to 0. Then go in-game and you will see that you can't use your mouse. It is "stuck" and barely moving at all, clearly broken.
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot use your mouse at all to look around, it's broken.
What do you expect to see? I expect the same thing like all previous Frostbite/Dice games like Battlefield 1 and SW:Battlefront 1 which is to be able to disable raw mouse input and still be able to use the mouse without issue.
AMD or Nvidia Model Number EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080ti

This issue really needs to be fixed right away. There is no reason that disabling raw mouse input should break mouse look. I've tested it on my current Windows 10 OS as well as on my other rig running Windows 7 and it does the same thing. So this is not related to Windows 10 like some may have thought. 

Message 1 of 5 (700 Views)

Raw mouse input off not working whether in single monitor or Nvidia surround

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Summarize your bug Raw mouse input off not working right for me. 
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 11/21/2017
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 12:00 pm
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Please review my submitted dxdiag file and see if anything is conflicting. I am not sure how you can duplicate the bug from your end. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't move mouse, it is stuck basically very minor twitch movements
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to use the mouse like in previous Frostbite/Dice games with this exact set up without issue
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia gtx 1080ti

I thought the issue was strictly with the raw mouse input function but it is actually only when you disable raw mouse input AND in a 3 monitor nvidia surround set up. 

Message 2 of 5 (698 Views)

Re: Raw mouse input off not working when in Nvidia Surround triple monitor set u

★★ Novice
bump. I also thought that raw mouse input off was broken but it only doesn't work when I'm in surround mode with 3 monitors.. When I'm playing on a single monitor disabling raw mouse input works fine. I hope they fix this soon.
Message 3 of 5 (663 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hey SpaceUnicorn,

I think you're mistaken as I was. I thought the issue with raw mouse input off was only when in surround mode but it's actually not. The issue is still there when I'm playing on a single 1080p monitor. I'm thinking there is a software conflict or something somewhere but I really do believe that EA/Dice/Frostbite team can fix it because I am able to play just fine with raw mouse input off with my current exact same set up when I play previous Frostbite engine games such as SW:Battlefront 1, Battlefield 1, Battlefield 4, etc...  

So it;s definitely something that needs to be identified by EA. I submitted my dxdiag file maybe they can find something in there. Fingers crossed as I love this game but cannot play it properly until this is fixed. Frown

Message 4 of 5 (647 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey, I'm experiencing the same issue as above. When I turn my raw mouse input off, my mouse gets twitchy and pulls. I never had this issue with previous games, this worked on Battlefield and Battlefront 1 for me as well. Hope this gets fixed stat, can't operate like this. Help us EA.

Message 5 of 5 (616 Views)