Rare/Random Freezes during character select

★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GamingX GeForce GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ETankSkank
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. lobby
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Loading into lobby / character select
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 9-10
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 01.28.20 22:00
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon first entering the lobby, visuals free while audio keeps playing. This has happened since summer-ish, regardless of which GPU drivers I upgrade / downgrade to. Cursor / mouse / etc crash and are unresponsive. Only option is to alt-tab out and force-shutdown the program. Will happen on first character's animation, regardless of if I am first chooser or not.
What should be happening instead? Game shouldn't freeze on character select.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea. The game sometimes (1-10% of the time) randomly hangs ONLY on the character select lobby. Never in menus, never in game.

Would be really nice for this to be magically fixed.  Took a hearty hit to my Ranked score by my game freezing in Season 3.  Not looking forward to maxing out any loss forgiveness that does trigger.

Message 1 of 5 (301 Views)

Re: Rare/Random Freezes during character select

Community Manager

Hey there. 

Does this happen after you've chosen your Legends and are about to load into the match, or is it before you've even had a chance to choose? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 5 (259 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

You know when this happens.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-freezes-and-crashes-in-champion-legend-select-screen/m-p/...

This thread has been open since November and we''ve been posting about this since October. Stop padding, please. We need help.

@EA_Kent wrote:

Hey there. 

Does this happen after you've chosen your Legends and are about to load into the match, or is it before you've even had a chance to choose? 

/Kent

Message 3 of 5 (223 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am still having this issue as well. I have been posting about it for a couple months and am worried I will max out my ranked loss forgiveness just because of this bug. This happens usually in the middle of myself or a teamate selecting their character. The graphic for the timer stops moving left to right but still has the flare/burn animation going. Very rarely this will also happen right after we all select a character and it is transitioning from selection to showing your squad and/or champion squad.  32 GB Ram, GTX 1070 FTW, i5. 

@EA_Kent wrote:

Hey there. 

/Kent

Message 4 of 5 (173 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @KDreezy_YT,

Much appreciated. It does sound like an issue that we've been tracking for a while now. The next time you start up a game try alt-tabbing after you select your Legend. Once everyone is in the dropship try bringing the game back up, and it should let you play the round.

/Kent
Kent.png
Message 5 of 5 (146 Views)