Re: Ranger Power Level 0

by DaevinCmdr

Original Post

★ Guide
@agentcgbspender I wouldn't say it's a solution, no; because it doesn't fix the bug, it's a work-around to hide the effects of the bug. Doing that doesn't fix it, my friend had it happen again to him, so it's not a "solution".

Yes, that's the point of this forum, it's called "Bug Reports". This is where people are supposed to report bugs, and the developers address them. For example:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/100-Crash-due-to-New-Patch/m-p/7823584#M20607

As the EA employee mentions in their signature, if a user provides a solution it should totally be marked as the solution! ...but that predicates that it solves the bug, not is a "this will get you back to the state before the bug, which may happen again".
Message 21 of 25 (608 Views)

@ChiraaKitteh  Ya thanks but I got a friend from that guild and I wasn't using it otherwise so it served its purpose and I don't need to rejoin. I agree with you it can't be a priority... They have much more important things to deal with 😁

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 22 of 25 (588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@DaevinCmdr My issue was that I was displaying as a power level 0 ranger when I was in fact I was a 925 storm. Leaving my guild solved this issue in a satisfactory manner for me, therefore it is the solution to my problem. Perhaps you should create a separate bug report for what you are experiencing and wait for someone to provide a solution to your problem.

If I'm walking down the street, it starts to rain and I'm getting wet then someone hands me an umbrella...is that not a solution to my problem? Or would you make the argument that the umbrella is just masking the underlying issue that precipitation occurs?

Message 23 of 25 (576 Views)

@agentcgbspender  your're very lucky if you find someone to hand you an umbrella in the street...Wink

I would make the argument though that taking an umbrella with you would solve you problem in that case.... just for the argument and I agree with you the idea of this forum is to solve problems or go around them... what counts is the result Standard smile

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 24 of 25 (551 Views)

★ Guide
@agentcgbspender and I'm a 955 Interceptor that displays as a level 0 Ranger. It's the same problem lol I don't know what led you to believe I had a different one.

And it's more like it's 1779 and in the middle of your walk it started raining and someone handed you a couple pieces of newspaper to hold over your head. You're not getting wet now, but the paper might get soggy and fall apart before you get to your destination and hey, look, you're getting wet again. Better stop and get more newspaper and hope it lasts until you get there! But it might not, or maybe it will! So is your problem "solved"? Who knows! But once the umbrella is invented in a couple years that will definitely solve the problem, because holding newspaper above your head definitely isn't a fix to stop you from getting wet in the rain again.

But agree to disagree, I guess, it's your thread, mark it as a solution if you want. I was just offering up a suggestion, and my point was that if the devs go through the "Bug Reports" to see what should get fixed and see your post with a check mark as being solved they could say "whelp, it wasn't a bug since they fixed it themselves, we don't need to look into that!"
Message 25 of 25 (529 Views)