Original Post

Accepted Solution

Randomizing Sims uses locked CAS assets

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Randomise a sim until you find the item?
What happens when the bug occurs? The pair of earrings is worn on the sim, but they are not available in the catalogue.
What do you expect to see? The item visible in the catalogue able to select.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I randomised a sim and then I went to change her earrings in her formalwear. I noticed I have never seen these earrings before. So I looked throught the catalogue unselecting all of the filters, but I couldn't find them anywhere available for selection. Then I went through randomising for a little while, and I found them in different colourways too. (See screenshot attachment)

Where did they come from? I want to be able to choose them.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title 

Message 1 of 9 (1,271 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Randomizing Sims uses locked CAS assets

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We believe this issue is fixed on the latest patch (1.70.84 on PC/Mac, 1.37 on Console).  If anyone is still seeing this issue after updating the game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (892 Views)

All Replies

Re: Randomised CAS item not in gallery?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My sim unlocked those earrings as a promotion reward from the Civil Designer career (I forget exactly which level, it was not too far into the career though). But I've also had it happen to me before where career unlock CAS items showed up on randomized sims, without my having played that career. Not sure if that's considered to be a bug or not.

Message 2 of 9 (1,258 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ahh right thanks, I wasn't sure what to put it under, also I hadn't played in that career. I wasn't expecting them to be a reward.

It's annoying you cant unlock CAS career clothing without playing it first, but they can somehow glitch their way in at random.

Message 3 of 9 (1,219 Views)

Hero
@LisaTheStar This is a known issue that already has a thread somewhere.

I couldn't find it right away but will merge this thread when I do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,195 Views)

A Leaf Jacket Has Appeared?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? I think I've found it: 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, island living, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, realm of magic, dine out, outdoor retreat,tiny living, laundry day, toddler, fitness, bowling night, movie hangout, romantic garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Randomly generate sims until it happens??
What happens when the bug occurs? A jacket that is not found in the catalogue is on the sim, it is a jacket that has a leaf in a plumbob on the back
What do you expect to see? Clothing that I already know is in the game, I guess. I've got nothing against the jacket, I just can't find it in the catalogue to manually apply it or re-colour it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See the attached picture for the jacket.
It appeared on a randomly generated sim in CAS. I had never seen this jacket before today in my game and I know its not a mod so I thought maybe it was a patch or it had somehow 'leaked through' from a pack I don't have?
But I can't find any patch notes saying about this jacket and it is unselectable and is not shown in the catalogue at all, if you click tops, it isn't under any sections and you can't re-apply it to the sim or re-colour it because it isn't in the catalogue.
So even if it is from a patch and this jacket is meant to be in the game, it isn't working correctly as it doesn't come up in the catalogue. What is going on?

Edited to say: I have reloaded my game with no mods installed and it is still there (I saved this sim pictured)

Message 5 of 9 (1,085 Views)
Highlighted

Re: A Leaf Jacket Has Appeared?

Hero
@Barniewantsname It's most likely a outfit you usually need to unlock first. The game likes to use them anyways on randomized Sims.

I merged your post with the thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,063 Views)

★★ Guide

I've seen this before as well. It is extremely rare for me since I don't use CAS that much but I do remember a randomised male Sim wearing an unlockable suit which I think was from the Entertainer career. This was about two or three years ago so it isn't anything new but appears more people are seeing it in their games now.

Message 7 of 9 (1,009 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We believe this issue is fixed on the latest patch (1.70.84 on PC/Mac, 1.37 on Console).  If anyone is still seeing this issue after updating the game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 9 (893 Views)

Hero

Going to add the patch notes

• Fixed an issue in which Snowy Escape-locked CAS items were showing up when randomizing clothing in Create a Sim. And thus concludes the Window Shopping experience =(

It's for SE specifically though so is it fixed for other assets as well @SimQARobo 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (869 Views)