Re: Random start of club gatherings when traveling

by crinrict

Original Post

Random start of club gatherings when traveling

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Discover University and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel with a sim to any other location.
What happens when the bug occurs? A club gathering for sims which are in clubs is starting without pressing the "Start Gathering" button.
What do you expect to see? Club gatherings should not be random or start just because a sim out of the club is traveling.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This issue happened 3 - 4 times now and it is pretty weird.

When sims who are in a club went traveling to another location, a notification popped up and says "[Club Name] gathering started" w/o actually starting it.

This issue is also connected to children who stop school when another sim out of the household is traveling.

And if a child / teen is in a club and another sim of the household is traveling, the child / teen stops school just to randomly start a club gathering at the travel location.

Message 1 of 13 (1,657 Views)

Hero
@Zack4358 If there's 3 people from a club on a lot they auto-gather.

Did you have gatherings with less Sims ?

There was also this issue that was reported: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-GT-Club-become-Active-with-only-1-Member/td-p/79...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,634 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Yes, one time the club gathering started with only 1 sim out of the club.
Message 3 of 13 (1,629 Views)

Hero
@Zack4358 Is it clubs of active Sims or inactive ? On the lot they usually gather or just random ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,622 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict It happens for clubs of active and inactive sims and on a random lot (wherever my sim just travelled)
Message 5 of 13 (1,616 Views)

Hero
@Zack4358 I tested this in my save and I can't duplicate. I traveled to 4 lots, on one there were 3 others of my club and the gathering started (was also the lot it usually happens). On all other travelling, not meeting happened.

Does this happen on all saves, even fresh ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (1,613 Views)

★★★ Guide

I had this issue as well. If you are okay with mods, LMS has a mod called "No Auto Club Gathering" that stops this from happening. I know a mod isn't a fix, but it did work perfectly for me.

Message 7 of 13 (1,512 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@vadish3825 With less then 3 Sims ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (1,510 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict Yes. I'm also seeing other clubs auto gathering wherever I go where a club has a selected "hangout". Ex: I go to the gym in Windenburg and the Powerhouse club gathers there every time. Also in the magic world there are a couple of clubs I created that auto gather there when I'm in a different household. The mod doesn't prevent that, but I'm not even sure if that's a bug to begin with.

Message 9 of 13 (1,506 Views)

Hero
@vadish3825 If you go to a hangout, the clubs there gather, afair, that's intended and has always worked that way. Might be that not all members are present cause of work situations.

If your active Sim is in a club and goes to another lot, a club meeting should only occur if

1. You initiated one
2. There are at least 2 other club members present on the lot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (1,495 Views)