Re: Random number server names!!

by WiKED-50

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Random number server names!!

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Server names are replaced with random numbers making it hard to find servers. Happens across all titles too not just BF1.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the server browser while signed in on my account on xbox one.
What happens when the bug occurs? Server names are replaced with random numbers while signed in on my account on xbox one.
Please select your region Australia
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Server names are replaced with random numbers making it hard to find servers. Happens across all titles too not just BF1. And it isn't my console as Ive signed in on other consoles and its the same, also had someone else sign in on my console and the server names appear for them but not for me.

Message 1 of 7 (4,538 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @PerfektStran9er 

This is a privacy setting issue on your Xbox One. Under privacy settings you will need to change the setting for "show content from others" to everyone. If you are having troubles changing this setting, I suggest you to contact Xbox One support directly. http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/contact-us

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (5,372 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @PerfektStran9er 

This is a privacy setting issue on your Xbox One. Under privacy settings you will need to change the setting for "show content from others" to everyone. If you are having troubles changing this setting, I suggest you to contact Xbox One support directly. http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/contact-us

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 7 (5,373 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this same problem in BF1 on PS4. 

When I load BF1 on my PS4 using my own profile all of the servers listed in the server browser DO NOT have names – instead they all display numbers.  I attached a screenshot. When I use a different profile, I see the server names.  What's the fix for PS4?

Message 3 of 7 (3,803 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I couldn't find the actual issue but I restored all my settings and now I can see the server names

Message 4 of 7 (3,796 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks.

Were you referring to restoring option settings in the game, or security system settings on the console?

I tried restoring all the option settings in the game to the default but, that didn't work.  There isn't a default option for the security settings on the PS4.  

Regards,

David

Message 5 of 7 (3,775 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Archi Can you give me the exact path to that setting? I can't seem to find it
Message 6 of 7 (2,508 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 1 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

@Nova1899  go to options and then Gameplay will be on the top.

image.png

/Atic
Message 7 of 7 (2,420 Views)