Random Crashes to Desktop

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia RTX 2080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Vinbullet
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Has happened too many times to track
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? any
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? any
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. I think it happens a lot when I have the tab menu open. Though I think it has happened in other places as well
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. All over thye place
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? The first day I played quite a few, near 6 before crashing, the second I got 2-3 in, and today I crashed on the first one
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 2/20/19 4:20
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I crash to the desktop without any messages. When testing for this in training, the first match I crashed while loading, and the second one I got an error message 2 minutes in, saying "Engine Error: 0x887A0005 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED graphics card has been removed from system". I don't have stability issues with my system that are apparent anywhere else.
What should be happening instead? no crashes
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game for a bit with a similarly specced system.

Please allow us to reconnect to games, it's not a permanent solution, but it will increase my quality of life. If it is done promptly, you may just win some business from me as well.

Message 1 of 1 (77 Views)