Re: Random Broken Swatches

by crinrict

Original Post

Random Broken Swatches

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Discover University, Get Together, Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Snowy Escape, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Backyard, Movie hangout, Nifty knitting, Tiny Living, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Toddlers, Perfect Paito, Spooky, Moschino, Cool Kitchen, Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's really random, but it happened twice for me with the Temperance Manor painting. Place it inside and some swatches might be broken. But it also happened with different items at various points.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some swatches would look broken, or reflect other parts of the room. Unless i put my cursor over it and it looks okay.
What do you expect to see? All swatches to look okay
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had this happened with a wardrobe and wall decoration from Discover University. A table from Jungle Adventure, a couch from Cats and Dogs, Now the painting from paranormal. It's really random and for example when i opened my game up again the painting swatches were working fine, but at the same time a wardrobe was broken. And now it also happened that the same painting was broken if placed indoors, but okay outdoors

Message 1 of 7 (1,112 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here are other images of the painting

Message 2 of 7 (1,110 Views)

Hero
@paulapg89 have you repaired the game yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (1,089 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yes, I have. It's very random so it's hard to pin point if there is a particular moment when the glitches appear
Message 4 of 7 (1,085 Views)

Hero
@paulapg89 Does it go back to normal when you travel or reload the game on it's own ? Have you also deleted your cache files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,046 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict The painting worked fine after I reloaded the game, but as i was building, the wardrobe glitched. And, i had deleted my cache files.
Other than with the painting, i really havent had this issue with the same item twice. One item might be fixes when I reload but other might be broken as well
Message 6 of 7 (1,039 Views)

Hero
@paulapg89 Do you have laptop mode on or off ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (992 Views)