Rancor Raid "Connection Error" Bug

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy Note 8
OS Version 0.14.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 861-992-933
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug At the end of the Rancor Raid, it freezes and I get the infamous "Connection Error" message instead of "Victory." I can progress through the raid without a problem. This was the first occurrence but, I reported 100% of the time because I know it will now happen forever more. I have the exact same problem with the AAT Raid. I have not been able to complete it in more than two months because of the same "Connection Error" bug. I am really getting TIRED of this. I have lost SO MANY rewards because of it too. PLEASE HELP!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am thinking maybe it has something to do with BB-8. I played the raid tonight with zFinn, CLS, BB-8, C-3PO, and Raid Han. It was the first time I haven't been able to complete the raid. I have no problem with the team of CLS, Thrawn, R2-D2, TIe Fighter Pilot, and Raid Han. Who knows, that team might not work now.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States of America

The bug is always happens at the end of the raid. I can progress through Phases 1-3 without a problem. When I complete Phase 4, the "Connection Error" happens. It HAS to be a bug. I have followed all troubleshooting suggestions. I have even gone as far as doing a factory reset on my phone, reinstalling the game, and hoping for the best. NOTHING has worked.

It happens no matter how my phone is connected. I have a good, strong, connection on WiFi and also on the mobile network.

HAATPhase4_ConnectionError_Heroes.jpg
Message 1 of 29 (918 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Rancor Raid "Connection Error" Bug

★★ Apprentice

@mcdapper2016@CG_MindTricks

This happened to me last night in the Rancor raid, with the same team I've used on auto for ages with no issues (JTR CLS Han BB8 R2).  However, I tried something new - I turned off the vpn that my Lookout Mobile Security app runs in the background.  As soon as I did that, the score posted.

I'm going to try it in HAAT tonight with C3PO on the team and see if that fixes the problem.

View in thread

Message 24 of 29 (1,158 Views)

All Replies

Hey, sorry to hear you're having these "Connection Error" problems.

One thing I'd like to point out - progressing from one phase to another does not send a signal to the game server. In fact, once you load into a raid you can turn on airplane mode and play through the entire raid. The next time the game needs to send a signal to the game server is when you either kill the raid or your team dies, and your device needs to send the total score to the server.

That explains why you are able to move across phases, but I don't know why you would be consistently getting connection errors at the end of raids. When you get the Connection Error button, have you tried changing your internet source, or toggling airplane mode on and off a couple of times? Sometimes that helps me when my phone is having a connection error.

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem, although mine is when I use C3PO.  Solo HAAT, get to end, no connection error just like you.  Also had the problem doing a C3PO team in P1 of the Sith Raid.  No other teams had any problems posting.  Also same as you, strong wifi, tried switching to strong cell connection, also toggled airplane mode on and off (which sometimes helps with a weak connection).  Nothing works.  

I did a scrub team with C3PO and did zero damage, he escaped and it posted. Also did an Ewok team with C3PO in P2 and that posted.  I have no idea why.  But the P1 team failed multiple times, and the tank team failed both times we ran it last week.

I posted about this here and have had no response.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cannot-Post-Raid-Scores-if-C3PO-is-Present/m-p/7327622#M21764

It's extremely frustrating to have a new toon and I can't use him.  

Message 3 of 29 (881 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the response jkray622! That's a great explanation about how the game servers work and how scores should be transmitted. I am confident that there is a bug at the end of the AAT Raid. A customer service agent at EA even partially confirmed it. I have seen similar posts to mine in the forums as well. The same bug has now appeared at the end of the Rancor Raid.

I have tried almost everything that I can possibly conceive of to get a score to post. I have switched between WiFi and the mobile network at the end and nothing ever happens. I have never used airplane mode. Maybe that will be the detour around the bug. I was told by a guild mate that you can withdraw from a raid and have a score post which I didn't know was possible. I am still unsure about that one. I have another AAT raid tonight so, I will try new things. I really do not believe the error message is valid at all. As soon as the raid ends, it is automatic. "Connection Error".

Message 4 of 29 (866 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the response tvsfink! I appreciate it. Actually, maybe C-3PO IS the problem. I ran him last night on a team in the Rancor Raid for the first time and got the dreaded "Connection Error". That was a first as well. I had to force close the game and post a zero. I believe we have the same problem. I also know that we are not alone is this struggle. Others have posted similar problems in the forums.

The problem first arose for me more than two months ago when I was using a Resistance team of JTR, R2-D2, BB-8, Resistance Trooper, and Scavenger Rey in the HAAT Raid. I have tried everything you wrote as well and the result was the same. NOTHING WORKS. I am REALLY TIRED of this problem.

I have a HAAT Raid tonight and am going to solo it with zFinn, C-3PO, zRaid Han, zBB-8, and zCLS. I expect the same result as always; a zero. I will let you know if anything miraculously different happens. Let me know if you come up with any new ideas or solutions. 

Message 5 of 29 (859 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have HAAT tonight as well.  Have though of trying the whole thing on manual to see if that helps, although my Sith raid run was manual so who knows.  Also though of trying just a P1/P2 run and then escaping everyone (or getting them killed) to see if I can at least get half the raid to post.

Message 6 of 29 (856 Views)

★★★ Novice

At this point, who knows. Someone in my guild said you can withdraw from a raid to post a score. I had never heard of such a thing. I still don't know if it is legitimate or not. Do you know about it? If that is possible, I will go as far as I can and withdraw so a score is posted.

Message 7 of 29 (853 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If you retreat via the settings button, you don't post a score and it's like you never started.   But you can try retreating individual toons in the pit and tank raid (not available in sith raid).  It's a 40% chance and if it fails they use a turn and you have wait several turns to try again.

Message 8 of 29 (845 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Alright, all set to give HAAT another try. Reboot phone. Run P1 and P2 on manual. Start escaping around 20% of P2. Han and C3PO left, Han dies, C3PO escapes...and...

Connection Error.

But that's fine, did it this way so I could see if it would work on just a half run, but also because there's still half the raid left. Get into start of P3 with the old AA lineup. Done it a million times.  Do P3/P4 on manual.  No C3PO.  Finish, and....

Connection Error.

So now apparently I can't do tank with any team.  Great.

Someone at EA please respond.

Message 9 of 29 (830 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is SO STUPID! So, get this. For the HAAT raid tonight, I ran zFinn, C-3PO, zRaid Han, zCLS, and zBB-8. I soloed it for the first time and as always, as soon as the cut scene end where Grievous flies away, "Connection Error." Before the raid, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled. After the error, I toggled between WiFi and the mobile network and even turned on and off Airplane Mode. NOTHING changed.

Yeah, that is EXACTLY how I feel. Why even try? Here is some hope though for us. SOMEHOW, I do not know how but, my score POSTED! I even force closed the game as I always do to get back into it. So, to recap, here is what I did differently:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled game before the raid
  • Soloed the raid for the first time
  • Toggled between WiFi and the Mobile Network (I always do that) after receiving the "Connection Error" and turned Airplane Mode on and off twice
  • Force closed the game after trying all of that for 15-20 minutes after completing the raid

Maybe that is our magical formula going forward. I do not know. I HOPE so. 

Yes, EA, PLEASE respond! We need your help!

Message 10 of 29 (822 Views)