Rampart's walls are bugged post holiday patch / cannot be placed

by The_Mr_BardTV

Original Post

Re: Rampart's barrier doesn't work

Community Manager

Thank you for the information, everyone!

I'll pass this along for a look. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 11 of 33 (929 Views)

Community Manager

I merged a couple threads on this issue together. Thanks again for the reports!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 12 of 33 (864 Views)

Re: Rampart Shield Stutter

★★ Novice

I agree. I used to be able to block doors with it allowing not to buy me time. It will stutter and prevent me from placing even on flat surfaces. It has gotten me killed in ranked A LOT

Message 13 of 33 (856 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is so true she is almost unplayable.

I keep playing her just because I love her voice lines but seriously just forget the amped and focus on not dying ;-)

Message 14 of 33 (837 Views)

★★ Novice
@RichWhatness You and I both. She's my favorite legend. But she needs a serious buff. The amp cover comes up too slow and its weak as well. On top of that. It has points where it's like bullets have fmj and penetrate ignoring the cover. Sheila also takes too long to deploy. Every other legend is speedy
Message 15 of 33 (727 Views)

Rampart wall issue huge problem

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number N/A
Enter RAM memory size in GB N/A
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Nemi
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? rampart
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. this happens all over and on the snow map worlds edge
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. just playing the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? every single game with rampart
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) n/a
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? when I play rampart I can't put her wall down on anything other than flat land, it just refuses to go down
What should be happening instead? I should be able to put ramparts walls down anywhere I want as long as it has a bit of land under it somewhere
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just play rampart and try to put her walls down on places that are not flat

n/a

Message 16 of 33 (708 Views)

★★★ Novice

I thought it was terrain angle at first. But it happens on level rooftops and normal ground as well. 

https://youtu.be/VClLsLgK94E

Message 17 of 33 (666 Views)

Rampart's walls are bugged post holiday patch / cannot be placed

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Asus 3080 Strix
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32 GB 3200 mhz
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? The_Mr_BardTV
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Rampart
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. This issue covers all three of the current maps in Apex Legends
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Using Ramparts deployable cover ability
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? This has been consistently happening since one of the winter express patches
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Nearly everytime I play Rampart
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When using her ability / holding a wall, specifically when the indicator for where it will be place is clear / white, there is a very large chance that Rampart will go through the animation of placing a wall but not actually place it at all. This can happen multiple times in a row, making it extremely difficult to use her ability reliably in a fast paced game like apex legends or even in general. This chance is severely increased if the wall is being placed on environments with an incline, sometimes to the effect of not being able to place walls in entire sections of the map that previously were usable prior to the patch. More specifically, prior to the patch, anywhere that you were able to get a white indicator a wall could be placed and this is no longer the case.
What should be happening instead? When the wall deployment indicator is white / clear and the ability is used a wall would be constructed immediately following. A wall should only fail to be place if the indicator is highlighted in red rather than the white / clear color.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This can be replicated in the training mode by actively trying to place cover in multiple different locations, and is more likely to occur on hills or environments with an incline.

This youtube video is a great showcase of the current issue that makes it so difficult to play Rampart now:

https://youtu.be/XrVhgju9DSQ?t=29

Message 18 of 33 (737 Views)

Re: Rampart's walls are bugged post holiday patch / cannot be placed

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, this one is infuriating. I know there's not a lot of Rampart mains out there, but I'm one, and this is absolutely game breaking.

Message 19 of 33 (709 Views)

Re: Rampart's walls are bugged post holiday patch / cannot be placed

★★ Novice
@The_Mr_BardTV pleease fix this with the upcoming patch. i'm still really nervous because there is nothing written about it in the section on bugfixes .... nothing more infuriating than wanting to place a quick amped cover in a clutch fight and being locked in the placing animation ...
Message 20 of 33 (692 Views)