by Tienshinhan15

Original Post

Rampart Is The Most Bugged Character In The Game

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? The Grand Coitus
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Rampart
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Olympus: All Tunnels underneath all Phase Shifters, Bonsai Plaza ramped hallways
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Using legend abilitites
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Everyday for the last several weeks, including today
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Usually I will die as a result
What should be happening instead? Amped Cover and/or Minigun should be set
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the Legend and you will be unable to set cover in the specific locations (Phase Shift Tunnels and the ramped hallways in Bonsai Plaza at the top floor). Bug will happen with time. For the minigun, it can happen in the firing range.

Rampart's tactical and ultimate abilities are bugged.

The ultimate, the minigun, is incompatible with the game's settings. I recently changed my settings to hold to reload. This has left me unable to reload the minigun unless I empty the clip and attempt to fire again. This severely hampers the ability of the gun to lay down suppressing fire. Attempting to reload the minigun without emptying the clip will disengage from the minigun entirely.

This issue was acknowledged by a dev in September and remains unresolved. Am I going to have to change my settings to use a legend's abilities?

As for the tactical, the amped cover. There are a number of places in which they cannot be placed even if the game indicates otherwise. Amped cover cannot be set in the four ramped hallways at Bonsai Plaza's top floor, even though the display indicates that it can.

Amped cover cannot be set in the tunnels by any of the Phase Shifters, except, inexplicably, at the very mouths of the tunnels. Otherwise, the game indicates that amped cover cannot be set in the tunnels. I do not know if this is by design, but it does strike me as odd, and extremely disadvantageous in comparison to the other defensive legends, as they have the full use of their abilities in the tunnels, and the ramped hallways.

Those locations aside, there are times when both the amped cover and the minigun simply will not be set down anywhere. The setting animation will stutter and have no effect. This occurs on World's Edge, Olympus, and the Firing Range. This is a recent bug that first appeared after an update to the Winter Express LTM.

I am a Rampart main and these issues are getting me killed. Please fix.

Message 1 of 2 (304 Views)

Re: Rampart Is The Most Bugged Character In The Game

★★ Novice

In addition to the above issues, I have just discovered that Gibraltar's dome prevents Rampart from setting down covers or minigun. If Gibraltar is on the bottom story of a building, and Rampart is on the second story, the game will not allow cover to be set through the dome. In other words, Gibraltar's dome prevents Rampart from fulfilling her purpose as a defensive legend.

Message 2 of 2 (160 Views)