by N_Sieben

Original Post

[ROM] Spellcaster suddenly lost all perks

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living and High School Years, every game pack except Werewolves, My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decorator, all stuff packs, Incheon Arrivals Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not really sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? Spellcaster Sim randomly loses all perk points.
What do you expect to see? Spellcaster Sim not losing all perk points all of a sudden.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The newest update.

A few days ago I made a brand new save file for testing. I chose a Spellcaster Sim from my library who was already a Virtuoso with every perk earned. Today I loaded up my save, played with my Spellcaster and as I tried to use Discharge, I realised the option was not available. I clicked on her to check if I missed something but to my horror, all of her perks were gone like she was a newbie again. 

I have never had this happened before so I'm not sure what triggered this bug but I suspect it has to do something with the newest update.

This happens with and without mods.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (1,418 Views)

Re: [ROM] Spellcaster suddenly lost all perks

★★★ Guide

I've been seeing this since the last patch (1.90.358.1230) every time my Spellcaster ranks up. She gets the correct number of talent points each rank, but her previously-selected perks are no longer there.

FWIW mine was also one that I'd saved to my library and then modified in my current save (the save was created just after the update), but I'd never had problems with that particular process before. I haven't tried a freshly-created one yet since the patch. In my case, the spellcaster started at Apprentice, but she had Ancient Bloodline and a few childhood traits before I modified her.

Message 2 of 6 (1,337 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here except I own all expansion, gameplay and accessoires dlc. I am also convinced the bug is related to the latest updates, as this never happened before.

Message 3 of 6 (1,246 Views)

Hero
@N_Sieben And you're not using any mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,230 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict Did happen while mods/cc were enabled... currently testing a game w/o them.

Message 5 of 6 (1,201 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm still having this problem after the update. The same thing happened with my werewolf sims.

Message 6 of 6 (783 Views)