Re: [ROM] Spellcaster animations on cauldron same as human Sims.

by Naviald

Original Post

[ROM] Spellcaster animations on cauldron same as human Sims.

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Island Living and My First Pet.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a spellcaster Sim, by CAS or manually via Magic Realm visit, and attempt to experiment, cook or brew a potion using the cauldron, both with and without a wand.
What happens when the bug occurs? Spellcaster physically pokes the cauldron's fire and holds the large spoon with both hands.
What do you expect to see? Spellcasters to light the fire and stir the cauldron with magic.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 3rd Eco Lifestyle patch.

Interesting to note is that this does not occur with Sims created before the mentioned patch; any made afterwards are affected by this though.

Message 1 of 3 (509 Views)

Hero
@Naviald isn't this how they start out and the animation changes the better they get with potions ? Not sure anymore at this point though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict

I believe they did this from the beginning as the same animation is used for cooking food in the cauldron but I'll give it time to test that theory.

UPDATE: Looks like it isn't a bug; my Sim suddenly started using magic-based animations upon hitting Adept rank.

Message 3 of 3 (461 Views)