Spellcaster not geting talent points

by jordyou23

Original Post

[ROM] Spellcaster XP bar loops after max level/ no more points (Patch 1.89.214)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs and Werewolves, Realm of Magic, Vampires, and Parenthood game packs as well as Paranormal, Vintage Glamour, Spooky, and Luxury Party stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Max level a spellcaster and after a while when you keep gaining XP it will bug itself out.
What happens when the bug occurs? XP bar will get stuck when reaching max progression. No matter what you do you won't gain XP. You need to change lots, and then you will get 1 ability point. Here is the link of the issue: https://studio.youtube.com/video/TL1ai_4T_uI/edit
What do you expect to see? -
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Origin PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 2/3 (70%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs and Werewolves, Realm of Magic, Vampires, and Parenthood game packs as well as Paranormal, Vintage Glamour, Spooky, and Luxury Party stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Max level a spellcaster and after a while when you keep gaining XP it will bug itself out.
What happens when the bug occurs? XP bar will get stuck when reaching max progression. No matter what you do you won't gain XP. You need to change lots, and then you will get 1 ability point. Here is the link of the issue: https://studio.youtube.com/video/TL1ai_4T_uI/edit
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, changed platform from Origin to PC., filled in Form from answers given

Message 1 of 9 (1,076 Views)

Re: Spellcaster XP bar still not fixed

[ Edited ]
Hero

@milutinmujovic Did you max them before or after the patch ?

Are you on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,062 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I am on PC.
Message 3 of 9 (1,037 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I created them and maxed them after the patch. 
Message 4 of 9 (1,033 Views)

Re: [ROM] Spellcaster XP bar loops after max level/ no more points (Patch 1.89.2

★★★ Novice

I've been experiencing this with spellcasters and werewolves too

Message 5 of 9 (985 Views)

Re: [ROM] Spellcaster XP bar loops after max level/ no more points (Patch 1.89.2

★★★ Newbie

I've had the exact same issue with Vampires, Spellcasters and now Werewolves too. Overmaxing works perfectly 3 or 4 times and then gets stuck, stopping progression completely.

Message 6 of 9 (924 Views)

Hero
@Falkanao Please create a new thread for Vamps and use this thread for Werewolves: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/W-XP-resetting-points-Level/td-p/11568517

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (910 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@milutinmujovic I have this issue too, but it seems to have added an additional bug where werewolf romantic options disappear from the "romance" pie wheel. Very confusing, I was able to fix it by rolling back a save, but still it's a very strange bug. :-/
Message 8 of 9 (850 Views)

Spellcaster not geting talent points

★★★★★ Apprentice

One of my spellcasters did not get her points when she got to the next rank.

Message 9 of 9 (792 Views)