by Jomilej

Original Post

[ROM] Sims with familiar return from work early after loading screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions are installed Game Packs: The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat; The Sims 4: Spa Day; The Sims 4: Dine Out; The Sims 4: Vampires; The Sims 4: Parenthood; The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure; The Sims 4: StrangerVille; The Sims 4: Realm of Magic; The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu; The Sims 4: Dream Home Decorator Stuff Packs: The Sims 4: Spooky Stuff The Sims 4: Movie Hangout Stuff The Sims 4: Romantic Garden Stuff The Sims 4: Vintage Glamour Stuff The Sims 4: Bowling Night Stuff The Sims 4: Fitness Stuff The Sims 4: Toddler Stuff The Sims 4: My First Pet Stuff The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff The Sims 4: Tiny Living Stuff The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting Stuff The Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When the spellcaster is with his familiar in another lot than the house then goes to work. When someone other than the spellcaster is returning home after a loading screen and the spellcaster is at work. After planning an outfit for someone else than the spellcaster in CAS and returning in live mode after the loading screen while the spellcaster is at work. Loading the game then the household while the spellcaster was at work the last time the game was saved.
What happens when the bug occurs? Anytime the spellcaster is at work and their familiar was active before going to work, they'll leave work after any loading screen to their house/home. There will be a notification that notifies us that the spellcaster completed their day and they'll be paid the hours they worked (for exemple 1 simoleons for some sims seconds)
What do you expect to see? The spellcaster should stay at work after any loading screen to their home lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello everyone, I looked for an answer to my problem and I saw a report similar to mine but it was showing "Fixed" but I still have this problem. I have a family with 6 members in which one of them is a spellcaster in the marine biologist career. However, whenever he is at work and one of his siblings travels and returns home, he also leaves work early and is just standing in front of the house, he still got paid the hours he's done but not a full day. When he's in another lot and then goes to work, there's a loading screen to return home, and when the loading screen is finished, he's left work and counts like he went there for 4 seconds sims.

Does anyone know something about this? It's happening only to him (for now).

(I don't use mods or CC, I play Vanilla on a laptop)

Edit By Crinrict:  Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue 

Message 1 of 10 (1,080 Views)

Re: Sims in conservationist career returns from Work early after any loading scr

Hero
@Jomilej Any club meetings going on in your game ? If you switch careers for testing, does it still happen ? Does it happen the other way round (like siblings go to work and he travels ?)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,046 Views)

Re: Sims in conservationist career returns from Work early after any loading scr

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictHello, no there's no club meeting going on in the game. It happens only with that sim, the others don't have any problem even if he (the sim in question) travels and then comes back, the siblings are still at work. It also happens when he's in any lot alone and then goes to work, there is the loading screen to go back to main house and after that, he's simply there with a notification that he finished work.

I'll test switching career to see if there's any problem still with him

Message 3 of 10 (996 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictSo I just playtested another career (bodybuilder career branch, he has the degree for it) and it still has the same problem. He was in the Magic Realm when it was time to go to work, there was the loading screen and after the loading screen he was just standing in front of the house with 1 simoleon earned with the notification saying he finished work for today.

I didn't mention, he has a familiar and I've not tested this with and without the familiar 

Edit: I playtested without the familiar and he stayed at work. Same result when one of his siblings went somewhere then came back, he stayed at work after the loading screen. But as soon as his familiar is active the bug reappears so it's definitely the familiar that causes the bug

Message 4 of 10 (990 Views)

Hero

That sounds new.

Could you please edit your first post to reflect that

Please also, if you're not prompted to fill out the from, could you include this info in your entry post:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

Please also include a picture of what you're seeing Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (946 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I edited the original message by filling the form that propted. I don't know if I did it right though
Message 6 of 10 (909 Views)

Hero
@Jomilej Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (883 Views)

Familiars ending workday/school after traveling.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get together, Vampires, Realm of Magic, City living, Seasons, Jungle adventures,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the magic realm with 2 sims, both being caster. One of them should have a job/school and summon a familiar. When the sim with the job goes to work/school with their familiar out and the other sim goes back home the sim with the job will end their day early and the game will treat it as if it has been a completed day of work/school but without a penalty to performance or an increase. The day just ends.
What happens when the bug occurs? So I did some testing, one sim with a familiar out and another without. Both going to work at the same time and another sim traveling around. It doesn't even have to be the magic realm, just changing to different locations and back home will return the sim with the familiar summoned but not the one without. So somehow familiars are coercing them to stop working D:< evil after all!?!?
What do you expect to see? The sims should be staying at work/school until their workday ends.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Familiars convincing sims to stop working and going to school! Resist!

Message 8 of 10 (830 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I see my post got merged with this one so i'll also answer this. On my save meetings are taking place 24/7 but this bug was already happening even before i had the pack bought/installed so i'm pretty sure it's not related to that.
Message 9 of 10 (787 Views)

Hero
@Beninow The clubs causing work issues is a known issue. Just wanted to make sure this is not the same cause but since it wasn't for OP, I'm guessing it's a separate issue.

Make sure to click me too as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (779 Views)