Re: ROM Sage's gone and replaced with townie's

by ra7orrat

Original Post

ROM Sage's gone and replaced with townie's

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of the packs except the expansions Island Living and Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Potentially by playing a saved game file where your sim is a spellcaster and visiting the magic realm a few times (and actively making potions/using magic)
What happens when the bug occurs? SAGES (L. Faba and Morgyn) have disappeared and random townie's have replaced them as the Sage of Untamed and Mischief Magic
What do you expect to see? For the original spellcasters to return as their sage roles
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Realm of Magic Sage's gone and replaced with random townies

Message 1 of 12 (2,555 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Corpsette1 Is this a save you've played for a while? Those townies are not immortal, they do age, grow old and die.

When I made my template save, one of the things I did was turn off aging for those particular sims because I like them in those roles. You'd need MCCC to do that though.
Message 2 of 12 (2,542 Views)

★★ Guide

I noticed this too, I got aging off so they don't die of old age.

BUT they seem to leave the Magic Realm on their own (I saw them go through the portal) and that's when a new sage shows up (though the original sages are still in the game, I checked + I see them arround other neighborhoods).

Message 3 of 12 (2,455 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So do you mean that L Faba and Morgan will still be the original Sages? That when they leave the realm someone else replaces them temporarily? That's so bizarre

I read on an older thread that this was an issue that got fixed in a patch last year, but its obviously back again

Message 4 of 12 (2,437 Views)

Hero
@Corpsette1 What issue are you referring to ? They fixed an issue where the sages would take a random job and got replaced because of that.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Sage-Became-Barista-and-Random-Townie-Became/t...

In your report you say they don't exist anymore for you. So do you still see them in your household manager ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (2,403 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for replying!

L Faba still exists actually (I haven't seen Morgan yet) and I haven't seen them outside of the realm in different jobs yet either but random townies have replaced them.

Could this be the bug you mentioned back again? I know old bugs can return with new patches 

Can I get you anything else that may help? Pictures or the sort?

Message 6 of 12 (2,377 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps its still generation 1 in my legacy family and lifespan is set to maximum. The sages were all their normal ages when my sim met them, and then the next day two of them were replaced by townies suddenly.
Message 7 of 12 (2,374 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have noticed in the past. have not played RoM for a while now, but when the Sages got married and started families, others filled. Like L she left then she came back. Like I said it has been a while and that  LP has been done. Not sure if this is by design or totally random event, or even mod inspired randomness. This is not an issue for me just thought I would add my observations in.

Message 8 of 12 (2,365 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi again,

I just went back to the realm and both Morgyn and L Faba are the sage's again, so I'm thinking this might actually be an engineering design by the sims team, that when the main sage's are off gallivanting, another sage is present in their place so your sim can utilise their training or the like. So maybe in theory there are many sage's, which would make this not a bug (sorry!)

Message 9 of 12 (2,302 Views)

★★ Guide

@Corpsette1it's still weird though, I thought there were only suppossed to be 3 sages existing at once "storywise".

Message 10 of 12 (2,253 Views)