Original Post

Highlighted

[ROM] No perk point gain

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I created a caster and put the ancient bloodline trait on her. The remove trait thing didn't work, so I made a new save and created a new caster entirely. I got her into the game and started doing my thing, got her to the town of Glimmerbrook as a resident then took her to the magic realm to get started (made her a caster in CAS with story mode) When I started playing her, I noticed I was able to level her up and learn new potions and spells but she's never received a single perk point.
What happens when the bug occurs? No perk points accumulate so I cannot use the skill tree for perks in the spellbook at all.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to use the perks in the spellbook and level my sim through the caster life state properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I never added my CC back into the game after I downloaded the RoM pack and its disabled so its not a problem with custom content.  My caster simply cannot gain perk points at all.  The one who can gain perk points, can't keep her perks because of the bloodline bug (the trait removal cheat does NOT work to remove it.  The game pretends it was never entered)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 18 (2,475 Views)

Re: No perk point gain in RoM

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Duhgirl2u2 The new sim doesn't the bloodline trait ? Just making sure as you said you couldn't remove it and made a new Sim.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (2,461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictCorrect. I couldn't remove it, so I created a whole new save without the bloodline trait (or any cheats of any kind) I removed all my custom content before creating the new save and the new caster within it.

**To clarify- my custom content was already disabled but on the off chance it was still causing a conflict, I removed it entirely before creating the new save where my character does not accumulate points.  I'm in the process of creating another fresh save to see if I get the same outcome or a different one.  I will let you know how that turns out.

Message 3 of 18 (2,420 Views)

Hero
@Duhgirl2u2 Does the bar also not move at all ? Do you see spellcaster's book over the Sims head when doing spellcaster interactions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (2,409 Views)

Hero
@Duhgirl2u2 Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (2,373 Views)

[ROM] Spellcaster gets no points on leveling up

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the epanxsions and all but one game which is the star wars themed one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By leveling up your warlock either with or without a cheat.
What happens when the bug occurs? I level up my witch, and none of the witch park points are there.
What do you expect to see? The witch park points should be available to use.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I do not have any pictures to share. But I can tell you no perk points are showing up when I fully level up my witch.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Base Game Version Number, added tag, adjusted title

Message 6 of 18 (2,494 Views)

Re: Problem with Realm Of Magic

Hero
@DeadlyAsylum666 There's currently several threads that could be your issue

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Spellcaster-XP-bar-loads-unloads-rapidly/td-p/...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Spellcaster-XP-bar-loops-after-max-level-no-mo...
- That's for Get Famous points though: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-Missing-Fame-Points-on-gaining-Level/td-p/71905... .. is that what you're seeing for your spellcaster ?

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (2,474 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict I believe this is the version I have 1.71.86.1020 I level up my spell caster all the way, but none of the perks are available for me to choose. They are not lit up. They are just as if I had not leveled up at all. I have no way of access them (click on them to make them work). It's been like this for a while. I keep my game up to date, and was curious as to if other people were having this problem, and if so, how did they fix it. And I am sorry I posted in the wrong place. I am new to this website, so I apologize.

Message 8 of 18 (2,464 Views)

Hero
@DeadlyAsylum666 Do you have any points to spend or are those 0 ?

(All good where you posted this, just trying to figure out if there's already a thread for this or something new)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (2,435 Views)

★★ Novice

They are always 0. 

Message 10 of 18 (2,417 Views)