by goddesseto

Original Post

[ROM] Familiar dog acting weird

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.35
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Realm of Magic, Vampires, Island Living, Movie Hangout, Vintage Glamour, Seasons, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Cats and Dogs, My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know if it's fox specific but make a fox your familiar and play the game normally.
What happens when the bug occurs? A big thing that seems to be reoccurring is my pet falling asleep on walks or just in the household and not falling asleep on pet beds, even when told to do so. He got on the bed then got off automatically. He is loyal, jumpy, and friendly but has acted aggressive , growling at other pets and and the occasional Sim that knocks on the door. Recently he was in an uncomfortable mood. When my Sim asked what was wrong it said he needed to use the restroom. He learned how to go outside before he became a familiar. The option to let him out is also not available. The only option is walking and I have a lazy Sim. Another time he was uncomfortable and when my Sim checked what was wrong he was hungry. I have 4 automatic pet feeders in easy access on the first floor so there shouldn't be a problem.
What do you expect to see? Things working normally, the pet eating, falling asleep on the bed, going outside automatically to use the restroom.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happened before the newest update but after the second to last. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Base Game Version Number, Added Tag

Message 1 of 8 (752 Views)

Re: Familiar dog acting weird

★★★ Novice

I have a problem with pets since the last update too. My sim's dog is always asleep. Even when I try to wake her up she falls asleep before I manage to select an interaction like going for a walk Raised eyebrow

Message 2 of 8 (714 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@goddesseto familiar dog or normal dog ?

Are you also on console ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (700 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

@goddessetofamiliar dog or normal dog ?

Are you also on console ?

Hello! It's a normal dog and I play on PC, no mods either. I looked around and haven't really seen people having this issue. 

Message 4 of 8 (682 Views)

Hero
@goddesseto What traits does your dog have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (676 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Smart, Independent and Friendly. I loaded up the game now, been playing for an hour or so. Quitting to main menu didn't help the issue but restarting the game definitely helped in my case.
Message 6 of 8 (651 Views)

Hero
@goddesseto for you it's just the sleeping though ? None of the other issues OP describes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (636 Views)

★★★ Novice

No aggression, but she had uncomfortable moods about needing to go to the bathroom or being very hungry. Both probably due to sleeping all the time, my sim.would wake her up and call her to eat, she would go to the pet bowl and fall asleep again at the bowl. 

Message 8 of 8 (621 Views)