by fekalexi

Original Post

Quip wheel pops up mid gun fight - causing me to die every time

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? enigmatic333
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Anywhere in the map. This issue occurs during gun fights
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. In the middle of a gun fight
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It happened repeatedly
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06.11.19 11:00pm ET
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? NOTE- My "quip wheel" is assigned to 'pressing the left analog stick' In the middle of a gun fight, the quip wheel pops up. and it causes me to freeze up, and it blocks my field of view. I have lost many gun fights because of this issue that continues to occur. It would help if I was able to turn on/off the quip wheel feature. I will likely never use it, especially if it causes me to die in the middle of gun fights. PLEASE HELP RESOLVE THIS IS AS SOON AS FEASIBLY POSSIBLE
What should be happening instead? The quip wheel should not pop up at all in the middle of a gun fight
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? We should be able to turn off the quip wheel feature in the settings. Please add this flag to allow us to disable quips! Thank you

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? enigmatic333
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Anywhere in the map. This issue occurs during gun fights
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. In the middle of a gun fight
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It happened repeatedly
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06.11.19 11:00pm ET
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? NOTE- My "quip wheel" is assigned to 'pressing the left analog stick' In the middle of a gun fight, the quip wheel pops up. and it causes me to freeze up, and it blocks my field of view. I have lost many gun fights because of this issue that continues to occur. It would help if I was able to turn on/off the quip wheel feature. I will likely never use it, especially if it causes me to die in the middle of gun fights. PLEASE HELP RESOLVE THIS IS AS SOON AS FEASIBLY POSSIBLE
What should be happening instead? The quip wheel should not pop up at all in the middle of a gun fight
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? We should be able to turn off the quip wheel feature in the settings. Please add this flag to allow us to disable quips! Thank you

Message 1 of 16 (1,563 Views)

Re: Quip wheel pops up mid gun fight - causing me to die every time

★ Apprentice

cause of R3 holding system.
have to swap other button.

i don't know why to make sucking useless quip wheel window.

Message 2 of 16 (1,473 Views)

★★ Novice
@Sharkchulk I tried swapping with ping, but then the ping wheel started to pop up. This is really testing my patience with this game.
The constant dying because of this wheel window makes me not even want to play anymore.
I really hope they can change it to allow us to disable the wheel from popping up at all. Quips are a cosmetic feature to the game. It does not help the game play in any way, but it does hurt the game play drastically.
Message 3 of 16 (1,425 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This bug started happening to me after the most recent update, it’s very frustrating because it always causes the quip wheel to pop up when you’re pressing a lot of buttons (none of which are for the quip wheel), and this is usually during gunfights. I tried checking whether my controller was busted by switching my button layout, but whenever I get to pressing a lot of buttons (aiming, looking, strafing, firing, and crouching at the same time or in close succession) the quip wheel once again pops up. Therefore, it has to be a game bug. I’m uninstalling and installing the game to see if that fixes it, otherwise I’ll have to put this game down until the next patch/update.

Message 4 of 16 (1,380 Views)

★★ Novice
@fekalexi Flempo, did reinstalling help?

Does Respawn/EA see these comments? Is this similar to a service request ticket? The reason why I added this issue to this page is because I was under the impression that they would see this, and provide some assistance/resolutions.
I hope this is not a venting session, and something good will come out of this.
Message 5 of 16 (1,348 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

@enigmatic333 reinstalling did not help--it appears the bug mostly happens after erratically pressing both triggers and specifically the left bumper in quick succession. Not sure if Respawn or EA will see this, but it's good insight for whoever they have debugging this.

Message 6 of 16 (1,319 Views)

★★ Apprentice

hi, just wondering if u found any fix for that? im a pc player and recently just changed my mouse and this problem keep coming out in all my games. would be great if u can share some advice.

Message 7 of 16 (1,151 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@UncleFarkerz I forgot how I fixed it, but basically in the button layout there are some inputs that don't change automatically if you reassign them--the quip menu being one of them. It's also possible some inputs are press and holds. So run through the entirety of your button layout and you should find the problem.
Message 8 of 16 (1,135 Views)

★★ Apprentice

hi, thanks for the reply. im a pc player, so im using mouse n keyboard..... the button layout for the controller shouldn't affect my mouse right? 

Message 9 of 16 (1,089 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey man, this happens to me recently ever since the Genesis Collection Event started. The quip wheel pops up almost every time. I'm a PC player and my quip wheel button is set far away for me to possibly hit the button mid-gun fight. This is so annoying and it impacts my gameplay majorly. Is there a solution for this at all? 

Message 10 of 16 (687 Views)