Sims Won't Stay In The Shower

by narynewt

Original Post

Re: Sims Using toilet Even If They Don't Need To & Sims Freezing???

Hero

Hi @nashikira

it's a known issue. Merged your thread with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 101 of 143 (579 Views)

Sims Won't Stay In The Shower

★ Apprentice

My Sims will not bathe! They will hop in the shower and get out immediately, with no change to their hygiene meter. I have to command them several times to get the action completed. I have resorted to using cheats to keep them clean and happy. 

I have no custom content installed or mods whatsoever. I have the base game (not deluxe) and Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Get To Work, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, and Cool Kitchen.

Message 102 of 143 (556 Views)

Re: Sims Won't Stay In The Shower

Hero

Hi @narynewt,

merged your post with existing topic.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 103 of 143 (551 Views)

Re: Queues being dropped/Done in wrong order/Random interaction added

★ Novice

Thank friggin GOD I'm not the only one with this problem. It makes me feel so much better. Because if I was the only one having this issue i'd have to deal with it for forever D: 

My two main issues are that when I want my sim to go to bed, the action will dissapear and when I make them wash their hands they just wash their hands in an invisible sink...Angry

Message 104 of 143 (522 Views)

Possible toilet bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

So, I don't know whether the December 4th patch or the Get Together pack is the cause or not, but whenever I queue 'use toilet' followed by a shower or a bath, if it's a shower the sim will take off their clothes and stand in front of the shower and the interaction is later cancelled (including the toilet interaction) and if it's a bath the sim will change into their swimsuit, stand in front of the tub, the interaction will get cancelled and the tub will become dirty with no option to clean it (despite the fact that all the tubs in my house are fully upgraded). No mods or CC ever used.

Message 105 of 143 (518 Views)

Re: Possible toilet bug

Hero

@73bb3ee9e874670a Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 106 of 143 (512 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Queues being dropped/stuff added (aka toilet/shower bug)

★ Apprentice

This is the full post I've been updating on The Sims forums with my tests on this issue. I have a YA female (non-autonomous) who now lives with her BF (autonomous). Anyway, here's the post with the details.

So glad it's not just me having this issue. My sims are obsessed with the toilet, washing their hands & not eating.

I try to get my sim to do yoga: NOPE! Gotta pee! Even though their bladder need is full.

Got Steel Bladder. Nope! Still gotta go.

Taking a shower? Nope! Gonna step in & then out right away...

So hungry... but grabs a plate & then places it down somewhere, won't eat it. If I que them to eat that plate they just pick it up, wander away & place it somewhere else. I que them to choose another (hopefully more appetizing) plate & pray they decide to eat before they starve.

Thought it might've been my 2 mods, got rid of them to no avail. Cleared my cache, repaired, started new games... Same thing. It's not so bad that it's unplayable, but it's really annoying.

Edit: Oh, I have noticed that the cancelling of actions happens a lot when moods change. For example, one of my sims did the not eating thing when the plate of food was among other, not so fresh, plates of food at the park. Once she was uncomfortable instead of happy the 'grab plate' action was cancelled & she just placed the food down on a table. Then, she switched from uncomfortable to happy & the action was again cancelled, she placed the food on the dirty table & the cycle continued.

Later Edit: I took off autonomy & no more issues, so far. Just had my sim's bf move in to see what happens, but so far so good. She can do yoga, write, eat... It's amazing!

And Another Edit: So, my sim only has the toilet/shower issue when I que them together. Otherwise not having her act autonomously is going swimmingly. Her bf seems to have issues though. I've been letting him go on his merry way, just watching to see if he has issues without my direction: He does. He has the need to pee during yoga, seems to jump out of the shower the first time (luckily for my sim he perseveres & gets in a second time, finishing the job) & will sit on the toilet, stand up & then sit again (My man-sims never stand to pee... ever. Is that weird?). So it's definitely related to autonomous actions in my case.

Message 107 of 143 (461 Views)

★ Apprentice

I posted on another thread, but just thought Id throw in my two cents here as well. Installed spa day. installed lastest patch. got the toilet bug. tried a full game repair. full game update. uninstalled all cc and mods. did a full update and repair again. then even tried uninstalling. I pulled my save file to my desktop. uninstalled the game and all packs. and then reinstalled it and put my save file back in place. still no dice. glitch is very persistant. I have get to work perfect patio holiday expansion spa day and outdoor retreat installed

Message 108 of 143 (457 Views)

Hero

Thank you both for your reports.

I hope we can get this fixed really soon (I really do or after XMas will be my down-fall Wink)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 109 of 143 (445 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I believe my problem is related to this.

After the most recent patch, my sims are doing that thing where they get in the shower/bath and then immediately get out. A bubble with an image of the shower/bath pops up above their head. I try a few more times with the same result. Then, the "See What's Happening" action sometimes shows up on my sim's queue. If I let them complete the "See What's Happening" action, the queue dropping stops and my sim can take a shower. If the action never pops up and I can't break the cycle, I must exit the game and restart (if I want my sim to shower again). 

My sims get the "See What's Happening" action way too frequently now. It's pretty aggressive and clears out my queue/drops everything until I manage to allow the action to take it's course. It especially plagues me when I'm at either of the cafes in Windenburg. Again, nothing is ever actually happening.

I have no CC or mods. I've installed all packs and expansions except for Spooky Stuff. My sims aren't experiencing excessive toilet usage or any toilet related bugs (yet), though I probably jinxed it by even saying that.

Message 110 of 143 (399 Views)