Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Main menu and Your Company
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug I would like to report the following bug regarding purple/green screen flickering in main menu. The screen would flicker while in main menu and your company randomly. My main monitor is 1080p 144Hz and my second monitor 1080p 60Hz. Tried on both and still happened I tried repairing the game, reinstalling it and reinstalled NVIDIA drivers several times. When the issue started I had 471.71 (started playing the game while having these), updated to 481.81 and then rolled back to 416.94 as these were the drivers that were released when the game released.
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run the game with the settings shown on the file "flickers.png" and navigate through the menu. Tinker with the characters appearance in Your Company and the flickering should appear. It is very random, it only appeared 2-3 times in 10 minutes with drivers 416.94 after reinstalling the game, however, it was flickering way more at the beginning when first playing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Screen flickers purple/green really quick
What should be happening instead? Not flicker

After doing the mentioned on the bug summary, run the game, I tried lowering the AA to TAA Low as I had it on High. (I read here that there was a flickering issue and that it was fixed on a patch and the AA on TAA High was causing, even though the issue is not the same: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Battlefield-V-Flickering-Soldiers/td-p/7157992 ).

Turns out that it was the AA on TAA High causing this issue. You can find my settings attached when the issue was present and when it was not present.

I will update the post if it keeps happening.

Message 1 of 4 (1,110 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Purple/green screen flickering in main menu

★ Apprentice
Message 4 of 4 (1,030 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

I was playing yesterday and it flickered again in-game only 2 times in about 4 hours. This time the flickering was more like green-ish.

Any ideas on what could it be? Battlefield V is the only game that does this on this PC and I have tried other demanding games on max settings as well

Message 2 of 4 (1,076 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The flickering is now more frequent and in-game as mentioned on the last message. Any ideas why this could be?

Temperature of GPU is 70 degrees as I have the aggressive fan curve on EVGA Precision XOC. PUBG gets the GPU up to 81 degrees and it does not flicker at all

Message 3 of 4 (1,045 Views)

★ Apprentice

Anyone?

Message 4 of 4 (1,031 Views)