Original Post

Accepted Solution

Punch during firefight

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? TITAN_HITMAN_53
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Octane
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Anywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. In the middle of gun fight and character randomly punches mid clip/firefight
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It happened a few seasons ago and I had not experienced it again until season 6 dropped
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 9-9-2020 est 9pm but has happens multiples times
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Has happened a few seasons ago but seemed to be fixed until season six release. Mid gun fight character will randomly stop firing gun and throws a punch. I have died many times from this issue and it seems to be an issue that was fixed in previous versions
What should be happening instead? Should continue firing weapon
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get in semi-close quarters. It doesn’t happen with far distances.

Wish I could capture it but it is difficult

Message 1 of 9 (755 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Punch during firefight

Community Manager

@bkreicar 

I don't think anything was changed in relation to melee attacks in the latest update as far as I know. I've seen similar reports to this in the past, and in a lot of cases the melee input is being triggered accidentally while shooting. With the melee input being bound to the R3 it's pretty easy to hit it without realizing. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (650 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @bkreicar,

What do you have your melee input set to? Is it possible you're accidentally hitting the melee button while you're shooting? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 9 (698 Views)

★ Novice

I  won’t even be on the melee button in some instances.  Also would be strange that I was hitting melee in certain seasons and not others.  

Message 3 of 9 (695 Views)

Community Manager

@bkreicar 

What's your melee currently set to? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 9 (669 Views)

★ Novice

PS4 doesn't have settings for Melee.  The only option is to change the controller configuration.  I was trying to avoid that but maybe that's my only option?  I just found it strange that there were two to three seasons where it never happened and now it is happening again.  I thought maybe it was something in the coding that changed or maybe reverted back with the new update.

Message 5 of 9 (666 Views)

Community Manager

@bkreicar 

I don't think anything was changed in relation to melee attacks in the latest update as far as I know. I've seen similar reports to this in the past, and in a lot of cases the melee input is being triggered accidentally while shooting. With the melee input being bound to the R3 it's pretty easy to hit it without realizing. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 9 (651 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It hasn't changed at all in season six I had it only happen with energy guns now in season eight it's happening with all weapons way more now I wish they would fix it

Message 7 of 9 (513 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @HammySamich2

Which platform are you playing on? What control layout are you currently using? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 9 (473 Views)

★★★ Newbie

https://youtu.be/nYqYtdL1c0g

I promise you I'm 100000% certain I didn't press R3 at all. There was no accidental press. Please make R2 melee toggleable. There should be a setting you can toggle to make it so R2 never melees, even without a gun. It's pointless to have R2 melee anyway when it is already on R3. The fact that R2 is "attack" instead of "shoot" is a real problem. 

Message 9 of 9 (365 Views)