Re: Publishing books in writer career

by khynnea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Publishing books in writer career

★★ Novice

Hi there,

so, I'm still not quite sure if I did something wrong or if this is a bug: My current Sim is in the writer career and got stuck at level 3, because according to the game he still hasn't fulfilled one promotion requirement - self-publish 2 books.

The thing is that he already has self-published tons of books in every genre available (currently writing level 6), but it just doesn't count, at least not in the career panel. Royalties coming in every day without fail, but since all that somehow has no effect regarding his career path, further promotion is impossible.

Has aynone encountered a similar problem?

Thank you Wink

Message 1 of 8 (3,080 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Previously published books won't count -- you do indeed have to publish new books. 

If you are self-publishing NEW books (they don't have to be written new, I found it was very handy to write a lot of books early on and then save them for publishing at the later parts of the career tracks), and it still is not counting try going to another neighborhood -- zone to another part of the map, then go home again and try to self-publish.

If that still doesn't work, try going to another zone, and back, this clears any glitchy cached display data apparently -- write new books and try to publish them.

If this still doesn't work you've uncovered some new kind of bug.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (3,266 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you write them before or after you reach that level ? Did you try writing two new ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (3,072 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, thanks for your reply!

Well, I already leveled up the writting skill and wrote/published a few books before it was a career requirement, maybe that's why everything went wrong afterward. 

I then published several others, when I needed to do it for the job, but the counter stays at 0.

I guess I will start over and this time stick to the exact promotion requirements, without doing too much too early, hopefully it will work.

Thanks again, and Happy Simming to you, too Confusedmileywink:

Message 3 of 8 (3,069 Views)

Hero

@alesia7513 They should count if you write new ones (not sure about the old ones). Moved to bug forum

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (3,058 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 5 of 8 (3,053 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm having the same problem, I only wrote and self published the number of books required for promotions, but they aren't counting. It says 0/2 and the number won't change after I write and self publish more books.
Message 6 of 8 (3,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue, but it is not a bug you have to go to the mailbox and send your book to be self-published, I hope that works for you guys :P

Message 7 of 8 (3,022 Views)

★ Guide

Previously published books won't count -- you do indeed have to publish new books. 

If you are self-publishing NEW books (they don't have to be written new, I found it was very handy to write a lot of books early on and then save them for publishing at the later parts of the career tracks), and it still is not counting try going to another neighborhood -- zone to another part of the map, then go home again and try to self-publish.

If that still doesn't work, try going to another zone, and back, this clears any glitchy cached display data apparently -- write new books and try to publish them.

If this still doesn't work you've uncovered some new kind of bug.

Message 8 of 8 (3,267 Views)