Publish a book gone from mailbox

by Carlyh25

Original Post

Publish a book gone from mailbox

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 2020 update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything apart from eco, magic relm, stranger vile and uni
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Write a book and try to publish it in mail box
What happens when the bug occurs? option not there was before update
What do you expect to see? when you write a book and go to the mail box to publish it the option has gone it just shows the bill information and mccommandcentre
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

when you write a book and go to the mail box to publish it the option has gone it just shows the bill information and mccommandcentre happerend after the 2020 update 

Message 1 of 21 (4,684 Views)

Re: Publish a book gone from mailbox

Hero
@Carlyh25 Did you test this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (4,656 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello 

it worked before even with my mods installed it’s not on there since the update that showed us the bills information I’ll try tho 

carly

thank you 

Message 3 of 21 (4,626 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I know it works since the update/ECO. I've since done a Realm of Magic playthrough and one of my sims was a writer, published a bunch of books. It worked fine.

I agree, try it without mods and see if it works.  If it works without mods, you'll have to go through them to try and figure out which one.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 21 (4,609 Views)

Hero
@Carlyh25 Mods get outdated with patches and need updating

Here's the current list for broken mods/cc https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976565/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-20-eco-lifestyle-patc...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 21 (4,585 Views)

Hero
@Carlyh25 Have you been able to resolve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 21 (4,546 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict  I am not sure if it's related, but I found I cannot publish by selling to publisher. I can only "self publish" from the mailbox with one of my sim writers. Another sim writer can ask the publisher. (action from mailbox) Maybe in certain neighborhoods you can only self publish?

Message 7 of 21 (4,531 Views)

Hero
@IrisuChan That would be weird. Which hood do you have issues with ? Does it appear if you move houses for testing ?

Do you have mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 21 (4,518 Views)

Champion

Apologies if I’m asking the obvious, but what level writing skill are your Sims at? Self-publishing is level 2 and sell to publisher is level 5.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 9 of 21 (4,478 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have just the same problem, and so do others, so I don't think it's a mod; definitely a bug of some kind.

Message 10 of 21 (4,394 Views)