Re: Public Venues Disappear and Granite Falls 'unavailable to rent'!

by crinrict

Original Post

Public Venues Disappear and Granite Falls 'unavailable to rent'!

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4, most recent update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Strangerville, Tiny Living, Parenthood, Vampires, Spooky, Romantic Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure how to answer.
What happens when the bug occurs? Not sure what this question is asking/how to answer... What happens when the bug occurs? I recently got a spankin' new computer because my 9 year old dinosaur finally gave out. I haven't loaded my previous games and saves from my old computer yet, but still wanted to get started playing, just for kicks. I reinstalled Origin and downloaded all my Sims 4 games. When I went to start a new game and take my Sim to a bar, it didn't show up! I could click on the venue in the world to go there, but when I would "get to" the lot, it would be empty and I have to re-download a bar or whatever venue to the lot each time. Super strange and annoying! It's like this with every public venue. Additionally, I tried to take my budding herbalist Sim to Granite Falls. Each time I go there and try to visit, I can't click on any of the lots. When I attempt to, a get a message hovering over the lot saying "This lot is unavailable to rent." There's enough simoleons, so it's not that. This is super weird and bothersom! Never happened before. I tried repairing the game a few times through Origin, made attempts on different logins to the game, but no difference.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the bars, museums, parks I click on in-world to be there when I travel to them. I also expect to be able to see that lots in Granite Falls are available to rent.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The change was installing Origin and Sims4 on a new computer.

N/a

Message 1 of 7 (1,433 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@AmeliaVeritae Have you done a game repair yet ? Right click on the game in Origin and click repair.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,412 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Crin, 
Yes,  I did a few repairs in Origin. Funny, cos that usually works! 

Message 3 of 7 (1,395 Views)

Hero
@AmeliaVeritae Oh, it's granite falls and you're on a mac, so repair won't work. That only repairs base Sorry about that

Tagging @Bluebellflora for instructions on how to repair packs,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,373 Views)

@AmeliaVeritae

Repairing on a Mac doesn't currently repair packs, only base game. You need to force a re-download of Outdoor Retreat - https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 7 (1,358 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora Thank you, I will try that for Granite Falls! 

Any idea on why the bar lots/venues don't show up? Total mystery to me. So weird. 
Thanks again 

Message 6 of 7 (1,345 Views)

@AmeliaVeritae

No idea but see how the repair works Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 7 (1,333 Views)