by fishisnotcool

Original Post

[OPEN] Proud Parent: Adoption/Have Baby doesn't tick off when having a baby

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88228.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing the Proud Parent Scenario.
What happens when the bug occurs? Scenario doesn't complete task after adopting a baby. It still says I've adopted 0 babies after adopting 2.
What do you expect to see? The task completed after adoption.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Decided to try the Proud Parent Scenario with a gay couple. We moved to Windenburge and decided to adopt a baby as it is the first task within the scenario. I did use the testing cheats for free realestate. I set one of my sims up with job as a teacher and the other a stay at home dad. I had the stay at home dad go for the adoption. When he got home with our new toddler the task still said 0/1. Ok... well I suppose the Welcome Wagon interfered with the tasks completion. No worries!! Let's get another baby!!!  No go... task still stayed the same. 0/1. you can see in the screen shot My sim and the newly adopted child up in the left top area along with the incomplete task. As well as the Notification in the upper right congratulation on the new adoption. So the game is recognizing the adoptions but the Scenario is not recognizing the adoption. Please Help!! I don't usually play Scenarios but I decided to try and this was a bit of a let down... 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue, added tag

Message 1 of 16 (3,684 Views)

Re: Proud Parent: Adoption doesn't tick off

Champion

It looks like the scenario specifically says have or adopt a baby. Did you try adopting a baby instead of a toddler?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 16 (3,305 Views)

EA Staff
@CallMeMotherlode
We would like to collect some more information:

1. Is Issue occurring when trying to adopt a baby in either way from the computer/phone option?
Note: In the screenshot provided in the AHQ, it is observed that both the sims adopted are not the babies, seems like they are toddler/child sims.

2. Like PipMenace asked, Did you try adopting a baby instead of a toddler?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 16 (3,292 Views)

★ Novice

It was exactly that. 
I didn’t adopt a baby specifically. 
I deeply apologize for wasting anyone time!

Message 4 of 16 (3,265 Views)

★ Novice
@PipMenace Thank you! It was just that! I didn’t specifically adopt a baby. I apologize for not being more thorough.
Message 5 of 16 (3,261 Views)

EA Staff
@CallMeMotherlode
No problem at all! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 16 (3,179 Views)

EA Staff

Hello Everyone!
@Rennia22 @anneliiss @arleasy15 @Divide999 @Eonitir @fishisnotcool @getbentmom @70pcb0kkffdp, Could you guys please confirm if you see this after trying it with baby specifically? here is the requested info in the thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Proud-Parent-Adoption-doesn-t-tick-off/m-p/11580652/highlight/...

We require some more info on this and we see you all hit me too on this but as OP confirmed they didn't choose baby specifically so is it the same for you guys?

Message 7 of 16 (3,172 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

When I did it my sim tried for a baby first then I tried adopting a baby then I tried having a baby again and it never worked. 

Message 8 of 16 (3,165 Views)

★★ Novice

I had general issues with scenario tasks not getting marked or resetting themselves when traveling etc.

Message 9 of 16 (3,139 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My Sins couple conceived their own babies twice, even had twins the second time around, and it still wouldn’t tick off Have/Adopt Baby Frown

Message 10 of 16 (3,124 Views)