by coolbluesims

Original Post

Protest/Protester/Create Protest Sign Error

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, GPs, and SPs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Jasmine Suites apartments (Bheeda's) Protesters outside window.
What happens when the bug occurs? I was playing the Bheeda household in the Jasmine Suites apartments in San Myshuno, I typically play with MCCC so I noticed the error notification after about an hour sim-time. I exited the game to find a lastException.txt in my /Sims 4 folder. I attempted to replicated the error with 100% vanilla game (no CC or Mods) and was able to get another lastException.txt
What do you expect to see? There is no noticeable visible difference in-game when this error occurs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

While playing the Bheeda household in the Jasmine Suites apartments in the Spice District of San Myshuno I noticed an error notification thanks to using MCCC mod, I exited the game to find a lastException.txt in /Sims 4 folder and it seemed to be due to protesters in the area outside the apartment building.  

I removed all CC and Mods from my game and tested "vanilla" and was able to replicate the error this way as well, meaning it is not due to CC or Mods. The LE was a bit larger but mentioned the protester/carried object/create protest sign error again. Attached is that lastException.txt 

There is no noticeable difference in game when this happens, no changes, just the logged error/lastexception. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,100 Views)

Re: Protest/Protester/Create Protest Sign Error

Hero

Hi @coolbluesims

thanks for the report. Do I understand this right, that you have no actual negative effects from this error and you would have never noticed it if it wasn't for the pop-up ?

If so, I'm going to forward this but I'm not going to put it on the list for now unless there's a lot more reports coming.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,020 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey @crinrict

That's correct, the pop up notifications were the first sign but also the fact that my /Sims 4 folder was filling up with lastException.txt with or without mods/cc in /Mods. As far as I could see, there were no negative effects while my sim was in the apartment, I don't know if the error would change or have different effects if my sim were, for instance, involved in the protest or in the Spice District square area. 

I wanted to report it because I noticed there was nothing else related to Protests or the Carry Sign on the City Living lists. So this way if others notice this they can know that it is a game bug/error and not a result of something else they did in game. It happens on its own as a result of the autonomous protests. 

Thanks for taking a look!

Message 3 of 4 (1,006 Views)

Hero

It's good that you did and I've forwarded but I'm holding off with adding it to the list for now, that's all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (997 Views)