Re: Property Floors/Levels Not Working

by Sparkle_Trash

Original Post

Property Floors/Levels Not Working

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work. Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires. Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Luxury Party. Holiday Celebration.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open any property with a building equipped with a ground floor and roof.
What happens when the bug occurs? When opening any property, only the roof/top layer and outside of the building on the property is visible, and the arrow buttons to move between floors are not working and grayed out. It also does not respond to the keyboard buttons, page down or page up. The wall view being changed also does not effect the view being shown.
What do you expect to see? Working, non grayed arrow buttons to let me move between floors and working key bindings. Ability to see the interior of properties and move between floors. Ability to change the wall view.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When opening any property, only the roof/top layer and outside of the building on the property is visible, and the arrow buttons to move between floors are not working and grayed out. It also does not respond to the keyboard buttons, page down or page up. The wall view being changed also does not effect the view being shown.

Message 1 of 13 (7,340 Views)

★ Guide

Do your up and down level controls work normally when there is more than one level in a house?  ie Ground floor and second floor?   On the lots with the up and down problem do your walls up and down controls work?  Can you see inside the house if you take the walls down?  The roof should disappear at the same time.

Message 2 of 13 (7,309 Views)

Hero

@Sparkle_Trash 

What you describe seems to be the normal behavior for a lot when you visit another residential lot that you do not live on with your household. To see inside the house, a sim has to live there and then you can knock on the door.  If the lot does not have any sims living there, then you can't get in at all.  And you can't go into build mode either.  All the controls in the upper right corner are greyed out as well.  You can hit the up arrow but it really doesn't do anything.

If you want to enter lots like that, you need to enter them via build mode from the map.  Or move a sim on the lot.  Either way, you will be able to drop the walls and change levels, etc.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 13 (7,296 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@IngeJones Nothing works, I can only see the outside of the house and the roof. Trying to change the wall view also doesn't work, and has no effect.
Message 4 of 13 (7,282 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@CGrant56 Its every lot and household in the game, even when I'm playing the family that lives on the lot.
Message 5 of 13 (7,280 Views)

Hero

@Sparkle_Trash 

Oh wow.  You have definitely got something wrong with your game then if the controls are not working for every lot.

So there are a few things you can do.

For the save where you have the problem.  Delete the localthumbcache.package file and see if that clears it up.  Deleting that file will clear up a lot of things but honestly, it's a long shot.  It doesn't hurt anything to delete that file and let the game create a new one.  

You can also start a new save by moving your "The Sims 4" folder elsewhere outside of the "Electronic Arts" folder and let the game create a new one.  If that save works then there is something in your current one that is causing the issue.  Since you don't use mods and cc, then something may be in that save that is causing it.  If you have downloaded any lots from the gallery or elsewhere, one of them may be causing it.  So you can try placing the downloaded lots one at the time to see if the problem comes back and then you'll know.

And if none of the above works, you can repair the game.

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 13 (7,259 Views)

Hero
@Sparkle_Trash Could you try a game repair if that helps ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (7,226 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@CGrant56 So I deleted the localthumbcache.package file, now it's only one lot acting up. I checked my other saves and lots, and its only this specific lot. Its a house that I downloaded from the gallery, however I didn't have any problems with it previously. I'm going to try moving my sims into a different house to save them but I'd really like to save the house too :/
Message 8 of 13 (7,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@CGrant56 I also don't know how to go about repairing the game.
Message 9 of 13 (7,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Sparkle_Trash wrote:
@CGrant56I also don't know how to go about repairing the game.

Assuming you're playing via Origin, you click on the game in "My Game Library" then when that screen opens, click on the gear wheel for settings and choose Repair from the popup menu

Message 10 of 13 (7,184 Views)