by Subj_Zero

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Progression blocker (spoilers)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Fe
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug I was at the area in the attached screenshot. It's a cave with four locks you need to destroy to move on. I was not having any luck figuring it out so I backtracked a bit and now I can't get back to the cave because there are blue plants that block your path. The creatures that open these paths no longer spawn.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play up until this cave then backtrack to before the blue gated areas, quit the game and start it up again.
What happens when the bug occurs? Progression is blocked.
What do you expect to see? The creatures that open the blue gated areas should respawn.

The game is great by the way!

Edit: Here is the save file https://pastebin.com/grH12g0m

Message 1 of 21 (15,167 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Progression blocker (spoilers)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi everyone, a quick update:

When the progression is stuck at this point in the game, please try to load an earlier save. If you do not have this option available to you, the only other solution that we have is to start over. 

Our apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused. 

Jason.png

View in thread

Message 14 of 21 (17,576 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I was able to fix this by temporarily unlocking the voice for this in the save file (%AppData%\LocalLow\Zoink Games\Fe\Save1.sav) and then locking it again once back to the cave. For anyone else affected by this bug and also trying to modify the save file just bear in mind there is an md5 hash at the end of the save file that you'll have to update. Just change the unlocked voices from 0 to 1, then select all the text before the md5 hash and paste it into a generator such as http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/md5.php

Message 2 of 21 (15,333 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Word of warning, doing this skipped the following puzzle that would have unlocked the voice.

Message 3 of 21 (15,094 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @Subj_Zero,

thank you for sharing this. I played the game in two sessions so I only had to load back in once and luckily did not encounter this. So you cannot go back or forth because you're trapped between two mushroom gates? Or were you able to go back, but there just weren't any animals that could open the gates for you?

Message 4 of 21 (15,078 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The latter.

Message 5 of 21 (15,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same thing happened to me. Could not figure out the 4 lock room. Backtracked and now the "rhino" spawns in the swamp near the mushroom door there. You show up there, he breaks it, and you can follow him to the beginning of the ice area. (Where you take a spiral path up to a tree, and then a boost flower to the top of the ice ramp.) As soon as he follows me up there, right before the narrow ice bridge, he disappears. He's not there to break the mushroom wall at the bottom of the ice ramp. Can't progress the game. Tried exiting/reloading at many points along his follow path.

Manually editing files is not a workaround on console, obvs. PS4

[Edit, remembering now. Tool tip was showing that character needs to throw something. Couldn't find anything to throw. Backtracked looking for bomb. Just in case it matters why people are trying to backtrack this area.]

Message 6 of 21 (15,017 Views)

★ Novice
I’m playing this on the Switch does anyone know of a way to get around this? It seems to me that my only option is to restart the whole game at this point.
Message 7 of 21 (15,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
@ritualdevice
You need to collect a "ball" from the end of a wolf's tail and throw it into the hovering thingy. The wolfs are roaming around in the area below the hovering things (one is actually also down there).
Message 8 of 21 (14,945 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ah, there were no wolves in the area. So add that to the bug description. Somehow I got into that room without it spawning the right inhabitants. Thanks for the info.
Message 9 of 21 (14,931 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA SPORTS FC Team

The creatures should reappear once you exit the game to the main menu and reload the savegame. 

Could you test this and see if the "Rhino" still disappears before the mushroom wall?

To go back to the main menu on Switch you press the + button, on PC you press the ESC button. 

Jason.png
Message 10 of 21 (14,914 Views)