Accepted Solution

Progress for the Special Assignments in "BF V – Ch 4 Booster Pack" is not track

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Please select your region Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America, Other
On which server did this happen? Any
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Any
Summarize your bug Progress for the Special Assignments from "Battlefield V – Chapter 4 Booster Pack" is not tracked.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See the note below.
What happens when the bug occurs? No progress counts towards the special assignments from the BF5 Chapter 4 Booster Pack.
What should be happening instead? The progress should be tracked correctly

Please note that the progress for those special assignments doesn't track in all game modes, not just 'Conquest'.

I have bought the "Battlefield V - Chapter 4 Booster Pack" via the in-game menu. I received the contents successfully. Part of that booster pack was 3 special assignments called "Chapter 4 Booster Pack: Sharpshooter", "Chapter 4 Booster Pack: Squad" and "Chapter 4 Booster Pack: Victory". I equipped them in the Special Assignments menu and went on to play a few random matches (grand operations (various modes), squad conquest etc.). Then I noticed that my progress towards those special assignments was not tracked at all. Since then I restarted my game, restored content licenses on PS4, rebuild its database, tried to complete other special assignments and then track those Ch4 Booster Pack assignments again to no avail.

Message 1 of 8 (950 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Progress for the Special Assignments in "BF V – Ch 4 Booster Pack"

EA DICE Team
Hey, @AuriDUL, sorry for the late response on this. The team figured out what was causing the issue but they wouldn't have time to fix before end of chapter 4. 

Hopefully, this should be solved in a future update. 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (645 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Have you checked all game files, power cycled the PS and logged on to the account once after purchasing the pack? Also in what region did you buy and play the pack, this might in some cases cause some problems.

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 8 (929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've done that now. Still the same. PSN region: Denmark. I play on the EU servers. Progress for those special assignments doesn't not track in any in-game mode.

To note, I have received the special booster pack assignments, but their progress doesn't track at all. Also, when I bought the booster pack, I didn't have to download anything. I just restarted the game and the new content was unlocked.

I have uploaded a video that illustrates the bugged special assignment from that booster pack while regular special assignments work fine. I'm even complete one in that video (5:20). But the progress for the special booster pack assignment stays at 0. The same applies to the other two special booster pack assignments (not shown in the video). VIDEO: https://youtu.be/Azwv2uFszgA

Also, attached is another screenshot from a squad conquest. Again, lots of good progress made during the game but nothing registered towards the assignments. Frown

Message 3 of 8 (892 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks for all the details and added information its help a lot! Standard smile @AuriDUL 

I poked the team on it and we tested those assignments on a PS4 and it's working fine and tracking as it should, we are thinking of there any network issue while you are playing. Do you notice any icons while playing? 

Can you also take a look at our connective troubleshooting guide and see if that helps out. 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 8 (847 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Atic,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Normally I do not have connectivity / network issues. Also, it's weird that it's only those 3 booster-pack special assignments that do not work for me. All other special assignments, including the Tides of War ones, are progressing fine.

I've been thinking about it a little bit. I remember that there was 'Chapter 4 Premium Booster Pack' for sale a few months ago, which I bought. It also came with a few special assignments. Now, I do not remember myself how those assignments were called as I completed them successfully long time ago. But according to a post on Reddit (see Link 1 below) , they were called "Chapter 4 Booster Pack: Victory", "Chapter 4 Booster Pack: Sharpshooter" and "Chapter 4 Booster Pack: Squad". The special assignments that come with `Chapter 4 Booster Pack` (notice no 'premium' word in it) are called exactly the same. So maybe that's were the issue is. That is, maybe those new assignments do not track for me because they are already marked as completed in the back-end due to identical names?

Would it be possible for you or your team to investigate that, please? Standard smile

Thanks.

Best regards,

AuriDUL

Link Soccer ball: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/c7wasc/battlefield_v_chapter_4_premium_booster_pack/

Message 5 of 8 (840 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks for the added information and links! @AuriDUL 

The above helped, my team got and idea to see if they can replicate the issue it I will be back here as soon as I have more information. 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 8 (811 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Atic,

Would you have any update on the issue and a potential fix?

Thanks.

Best regards,

AuriDUL

Message 7 of 8 (697 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey, @AuriDUL, sorry for the late response on this. The team figured out what was causing the issue but they wouldn't have time to fix before end of chapter 4. 

Hopefully, this should be solved in a future update. 

/Atic 
Message 8 of 8 (646 Views)