Progress-erasing bug in RA

by ABChallab

Original Post

Highlighted

Progress-erasing bug in RA

★★★ Newbie

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug Red Alert Remastered. After Allies mission 5, I logged out, came back to the game to find all my progress (apart from saves) erased. Played my recent save to see if it works. Won mission again, but on mission select screen it shows mission and options for mission 6. All options were changed back to default, and the gallery was erased as well
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It doesn't seem that others have had this issue so I don't know how you can have the issue yourselves. I just play the game, exit it, come back and it is as if I'm starting it for the first time
What happens when the bug occurs? Resits everything in the game, except the saved games
What do you expect to see? All my campaign and gallery progress returned to what it should be

Red Alert Remastered. After Allies mission 5, I logged out, came back to the game to find all my progress (apart from saves) erased. Played my recent save to see if it works. Won mission again, but on mission select screen it shows mission and options for mission 6.
All options were changed back to default, and the gallery was erased as well

Message 1 of 7 (825 Views)

Re: Progress-erasing bug in RA

★★★★★ Newbie

i have exactly the same problem. I finished Mission 10 on the allies side. Locked out. And the next day everything was gone. I saw the Installation Animation at the beginning angain. What can i do now?

Message 2 of 7 (762 Views)

★ Novice
@ABChallab
Same issue here.
Message 3 of 7 (690 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ABChallab 

@Thanh1984 

@TiberiumNiju 

This is most likely due to your cloud storage being over capacity due to savegames, and this causes issues with syncing your progress from the cloud files. Delete older savegames to resolve this problem.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 7 (666 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Nyerguds Yep thanks i manage to clear my steam cloud savegames and after that it worked
Message 5 of 7 (653 Views)

★ Novice
@Nyerguds It worked! Thanks a lot.
Message 6 of 7 (635 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked just fine. Thanks for your help

Message 7 of 7 (630 Views)