Re: Problems with degree_tracker

by CGrant56

Original Post

Problems with degree_tracker

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a game, let the NPC sims get a university degree, and then try to play with them by going into their household or moving them into your active household and re-loading the household with that sim inside.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't say what problems it causes because I exit the game without saving and I avoid playing with the broken sims next times so it doesn't affect the save game
What do you expect to see? Being able to add premade sims to my household without getting a Last Exception
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

All sims that I don't control that have passed university when I try to play them right after entering their household cause a last exception degree_tracker.py with Last function called: _show_reenrollment_dialog even though they've already finished university and having their degree in inventory  

This problem has been happening to me for several months in every saved file practically since I started playing Sims 4. I have tried uninstalling the mods and playing without cheats but nothing work

Message 1 of 5 (620 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Manu2o6 

That LE has been around a while in one form or the other.  I get it too for some of my sims but in my case it is for active sims, not NPCs.  It's odd that it only happens for some sims and not others.  But as far as I can tell, it is just an annoyance and doesn't seem to affect the sims (or the game) in any other way.  There are several other things in my game that trigger LEs on a more or less regular basis that also cause no harm. 

The only reason I know they happen is because I use MCCC.  Otherwise, at most, all I see is the sims reset.  Since I play a long term save, what I do when one does occur, is do an immediate "Save As" right after it occurs and I get the MCCC notice, just in case, and play on from there on that save file until I'm sure that the LE didn't mess up my main save.  That way I can go back to my previous save and try to avoid whatever set off the LE if it turns out it did something bad.  

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 5 (555 Views)

★★ Apprentice
In case it helps to find a solution after much trying to avoid that LE I have managed to find a way to do it.

I have tried asking the sim in question to join the active household, the LE only appears when you load the household where the bugged sim lives. Then I have enrolled it in the university from the mailbox and that has triggered the re-enrollment message that the LE refers to. I re-enrolled him again in the same degree as with the mailbox, I saved in a different savefile, I tried to load the game and it had been solved although I don't know if the double enrollment will affect anything, for now I don't see anything strange.

It seems that this sim had completed a degree in Communication (he has the degree in his inventory) but then he had enrolled in another degree which he never completed and the game apparently took him out of the university but if you go with the MCCC to the section of university cheats the option "Leave university" appears, it seems that the sim is still enrolled but stuck between one semester and another without being able to re-enroll, appearing as unemployed.

It can probably also be solved with the "Leave university" cheat and waiting for the two sim days it takes to complete, although I haven't tested this.

It's a bug that should be fixed because for people who play with aging enabled they end up with a lot of bugged sims that can probably corrupt the savefile in the long run
Message 3 of 5 (539 Views)

Hero
@Manu2o6 Do you see any other symptoms other than the LE ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (501 Views)

★★ Apprentice
At that time apparently not, simply the sim is bugged enrolled in the university but without subjects that allow them to advance. And I still have many more sims with the same bug, Becca Clarke and Julia Wright for example, but I haven't played them yet

The truth is that I have not risked playing sims with the bug, while I didn't find this way to solve it (apparently) I have been avoiding using those sims that gave problems leaving the game without saving and playing with other household units because with other LEs I almost always found a cause and some solution although this particular bug is giving me a lot of problems since it happens in many random sims without me doing anything
Message 5 of 5 (482 Views)