Re: Problem with tile blocking/pathfinding

by Mister_Crac

Original Post

Problem with tile blocking/pathfinding

★★★★ Pro

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
OS Version Android 6.0.1
What is your Player ID? Mr Crac#GcdxpKY9
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Tile blocking is causing problems with the pathfinding algorithm. Please see the youtube video that I have linked below. At 1:52, you will notice that my Shockwave Troopers and the opponent's Flame Troopers are not moving regularly. This lasts for more than ten seconds. What you do not see is that the screen (of the smartphone that I was playing on) is flickering very heavily while this is happening. Also, due to the flickering it is not possible to issue commands properly during that time. This makes the game unplayable for the duration while this problem is occurring.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set up a constellation where tile blocking occurs and stops the pathfinding for units from working correctly.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Europe
Country Germany

Youtube video which shows the problem at the 1:52 time mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii7rxJ8L8us

Message 1 of 3 (507 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey @Mister_Crac thanks for reporting. I've flagged this for further investigation! 

Message 2 of 3 (479 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_Grasshopper 
It seems the investigation's results were included in update 1.7, which made things worse instead of better Frown

Message 3 of 3 (347 Views)