by Tkilroy36

Original Post

Problem With Aliens Collection

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Star Wars: Journey to Batuu, Cats & Dogs, Discover University, StrangerVille, Vampires, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spooky Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Step 1: Decide you're going to do the "For the Hoard" achievement. Step 2: Try to finish an alien collection (10 aliens, yeah?) Step 3: Collect all 10 aliens...
What happens when the bug occurs? I finished the alien collection. When I normally finish a collection (I've been trying to finish achievements off), I get a notification and a plaque in the mail. I received no notification or plaque. Which to me suggests that I cannot finish For the Hoard.
What do you expect to see? A notification and a plaque in the mail...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am working through all of the collections. Whenever I finish one, I get a notification immediately that it's finished and then later on, I receive a plaque in the mail. I finished the aliens collection. There are 10 unique ones. I have all 10 now. I received no notification. I'm concerned that I will be unable to finish the For the Hoard achievement, and as a completionist and someone who is currently spending way too much time on completing everything this Sim is able to complete. I recently did a 100-Baby challenge. This is the 100th baby. And to come this far and not be able to get the achievement is making me super bummed out...

Message 1 of 5 (415 Views)

Re: Problem With Aliens Collection

★ Guide

Hi, i have almost all packs, don't have tiny living,eco,knitting, no mods or cc, i had no problems getting a notice and the plaque arrived a few sim hrs later and it did register in achievement section, since you don't use mods then thats not the problem.

But i noticed you play thru steam, i load my game with deluxe edition disc and log in thru origin, since the game is new on steam, i wonder if it can be a steam issue.

Message 2 of 5 (383 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Tkilroy36 Did you do this particular collection since the last patch ? Just to make sure those pictures are current

Since OP does seem to get all the other plagues.

@perfectfacetrash Is the collection checked off in the collection tab ? Also for the achievement, it should tell you how many you have reached already. Did you count and check if you have the same amount of completed in the collection tab and on the achievement ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (381 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict yes it is after this latest patch, it was taken only a few hrs ago, also this hood is my 008.save which i created back in may, so its not a new save, it went thru a few patch updates already with no problem if that would make a difference

Message 4 of 5 (371 Views)

Hero
@perfectfacetrash Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (336 Views)