Private Dwelling Lot Trait Causes Issues When Applied to Community Lots

by DMDragonCT

Original Post

Private Dwelling Lot Trait Causes Issues When Applied to Community Lots

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco Lifestyle, Journey to Batuu and Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the Private Dwelling lot trait on a community lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Save issues and/or items lost from neighborhood zone.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see "little effect on commercial venues", not game-breaking glitches.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

In the description of the Private Dwelling lot trait it specifically says that "It has little effect on commercial venues". Rather on the contrary, I have found that it can cause rather large and drastic effects when doing so.

The first glitch happens around 30% of the time, when changes made to a community lot with that lot trait applied don't save properly; meaning that the lot returns to its previous state before changes were made when reloaded. All build-progress will be lost.

The second issue happens around 75% of the time. Basically, it deletes all objects in the entire neighborhood zone when exiting that lot. To duplicate this, place any number of objects like a tent or other portable items into the neighborhood zone outside that community lot. Then save and exit. When that neighborhood is re-entered from any lot, all items that had been placed have now been deleted. Just to be clear, this is not a result of the "Lost & Found" function, i.e. the lost items are not in the sim's household or personal inventory. They are just deleted.

I'm perfectly aware that none of these issues will ever even be considered to be fixed (looking at the sheer amount of other bugs currently in the game), so my advice to the team is simple:

DO NOT allow the Private Dwelling lot trait to be applied to community lots in the first place!

It should be locked and exclusive to residential lots only where it doesn't cause any of the aforementioned problems.

Message 1 of 1 (371 Views)