Aspirations

by konekosama

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Previous / current career levels do not count towards Renaissance aspiration

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

After finishing the wealth aspiration, I switched my sim to the renaissance aspiration. This required getting to level 2 in 3 careers initially. However, my sims current career didn't count towards this (which was at level 9). Upon promotion, the career counted again.

My sims previous level 10 career did not count towards the total either.

CPU: Intel i5 3210M

RAM: 4GB

GPU: Intel HD 4000

Other: Bootcamped Macbook Pro.

Message 1 of 28 (13,317 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Reach Level of Career goals not completed although Sim is at appropriate lev

[ Edited ]
Hero

Since this has also become a bit confusing and I don't know what's been fixed an what's still open, I would like to ask everyone to report here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Aspirations-not-fulfilling/m-p/502... if there's still an issue. 

Thanks

@GothicSimmer @OMGtechy

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 28 (10,501 Views)

All Replies

Re: Previous / current career levels do not count towards new aspiration.

★ Guide

I have learned the "hard way" that on Renaissance Sim, you have to earn each step during that particular "phase." 

Need 2 level 4 jobs? You need to earn those during that aspiration phase. If you had 2 level 10 jobs previously they do not count. 

Since re-taking a job is bugged, this gets all the more complicated when you need 3 level 6 careers.

The only thing it does give you pre-existing credit for is the skills.

Message 2 of 28 (13,169 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 28 (13,163 Views)

Aspirations

★ Apprentice

Actions/Promotions do not retroactively count towards Aspirations.

ie: The Renassaince Sim; requires you to reach level 2 of 3 careers. My sim has maxed 3 careers...

Message 4 of 28 (13,115 Views)

Hero

@konekosama Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 28 (13,112 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just started playing Mortimer Goth today with a new game (latest patch includes ghosts.) Apparently somewhere along the way this aspiration has been tweeked in the game patches. The requirement is now Reach Level 3 in 2 Careers. And it does not correctly update. Mortimer was at level 3 of the Writing career at game start and it did not count. OK. He quit and started the cooking career. He reached level 3 and the aspiration still did not update. At this point I am wondering if the aspiration is poorly phrased. Perhaps, he has to complete level 3 as a cook and get promoted to level 4. It just seems wrong.

For all the aspiration tweeking they seem to have done they didn't "fix" it which would have been nice.

Message 6 of 28 (13,092 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, this bug is kinda frustrating. I have three careers maxed out now, and still haven't completed the reniassance aspiration...

Message 7 of 28 (13,083 Views)

Reach Level of Career goals not completed although Sim is at appropriate level

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

There's a bug in The Sims 4 where if you get to the appropriate Career level before you unlock the goal that requires you to be at that level, the goal will not be completed. Here's an example:

1. Jennifer is at the Computer Geek Milestone of the Computer Whiz Aspiration.
  2. Jennifer reaches to Level 6 Tech Guru.
  3. Jennifer completes the Computer Geek Milestone, now at the Computer Whiz Milestone.
  4. On checking Computer Whiz, the goal Reach Level 5 of the Tech Guru Career isn't completed although Jennifer already reached Level 5 of the career. Please note that she's level 6 of the career.
  5. However, if Jennifer gets a promotion, the goal will be completed.

So if you get to the appropriate level of the career (in this case, Level 6 Tech Guru) before you reach a Milestone with that goal (ex, Computer Whiz), the goal will not be checked until the Sim receives a Promotion which is flag the goal as completed. If you reach the Milestone first and then get to the appropriate level of the Career, the goal will be completed. The same possibly could occur if you also reached the appropriate level but the Aspiration (ex, Computer Whiz) isn't active, the goal might not register.

The Renaissance Sim Aspiration can also have a problem where the Reach Level 3 in 2 Careers and Reach Level 3 in 3 Careers goals will not register that a Sim has reached Level 3 although they're above level 3; it would read 0/2 or 1/2 instead of 1/2 or 2/2. Likewise, the final milestone's goal will read 0/3 and 1/3 instead of 2/3 and 3/3 even though a Sim has reached level 3+.

The counts in red are the incorrect values while the blue values would be the appropriate count the game should show if a Sim had level 3 in one, two or 3 careers. The first shows the count for the Reach Level 3 in 2 Careers goal when a Sim has level 3 in one and two careers, respectively. The 2nd assumes that Sim got promoted to Level 3 on 2nd career and reaches the final milestone where the Reach Level 3 in 3 Careers goal doesn't record the first 2 promotions. The Sim got a third career and reached Level 3 where the counter is 1, not 3.

Edit: It seems that the Join Career and Join Branch goals are not affected. Only the goals that are mostly affected are those that require a specific career level.

Here's a list of Goals affected:

Deviance, Public Enemy

• Criminal Mind: Reach Level 4 of the Criminal Career
  • Public Enemy: Reach Level 8 of the Criminal Career

Family, Successful Lineage

• Trusted Mentor: Have a Child Earn an "A" in High School possibly affected but unsure)

Food, Master Chef

• Culinary Artist: Reach Level 4 of the Culinary Career
  • Master Chef: Reach Level 8 of the Culinary Career

Food, Master Mixologist

• Beverage Boss: Join the Mixology Branch of the Culinary Career (not sure if this is affected)

Knowledge, Renaissance Sim

• Jack of Some Trades: Reach Level 3 of Any Career
  • Pantologist: Reach Level 3 in 2 Careers
  • Renaissance Sim: Reach Level 3 in 3 Careers

Knowledge, Computer Whiz

• Computer Geek: Reach Level 3 of the Tech Guru Career
  • Computer Whiz: Reach Level 5 of the Tech Guru Career
Message 8 of 28 (12,910 Views)

Re: Reach Level of Career goals not completed although Sim is at appropriate lev

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 28 (12,906 Views)

★ Guide

Well it seems that the goals that require you to join the a Career or a Career Branch (not sure) are not affected by this issue.

I had a Sim join the Culinary Career and then completed the Milestone so that the next Milestone has me join the Culinary career. The goal to join the Culinary career was already checked. It appears that only the goals that require a specific level of the career are affected..

The Aspiration where the problem is likely to occur is the Renaissance Sim Aspiration. If you advance to the next Milestone, the career isn't recorded. If a Sim with the Connections trait joins another Career, the Reach Level 3 in 2 Careers and Reach Level 3 in 3 Careers goals will not count towards the 2 or 3 Careers until the Sim is promoted.

For example, the Jack of Some Trades Milestone has the Reach Level 3 of Any Career goal but when advancing to the Pantologist Milestone, the goal Reach Level 3 in 2 Careers will read 0/2 despite the fact you already have reached Level 3 in one career so it should in fact read 1/2, not 0/2 or have it completed if it was 1/2.

I'm also sure if you have reached the Milestone that requires a specific career level but that Aspiration isn't active and you reach that level, it might not register that you reached the appropriate level when you switch to that Aspiration.

Message 10 of 28 (12,849 Views)