Re: Pre cataclysm crashes game constantly

by Rider0701

Original Post

★★ Guide

Same here, if I don't crash out within 15mins then usually good for a while.

Are the servers back up yet?

Message 11 of 21 (635 Views)

★ Novice

After this maintenance, freeplay is unplayable, crash after 1-2 minutes, infinite loading screens in quickplay, crash when exiting alliance system/forge menu. Damnn

Message 12 of 21 (624 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@JaksenDare Maintenance did not fix it for me. Still happening. Just took a few minutes longer so I got 2 world events done before crashing to desktop. Seriously, does Bioware not test this stuff before pushing to live? It's almost like they've never played their own game. Oh wait, I just answered my own question.
Message 13 of 21 (601 Views)

★★ Guide

Well I tried three times last night. First attempt was booted pretty quick, second attempt lasted longer but still a crash and third attempt game played fine. 

@Rider0701  Did you try more than once or does it crash everytime for you?

Message 14 of 21 (583 Views)

★★ Guide

I popped into freeplay again just now.

Lasted about an hour before the game froze and crashed to desktop.

I know it isn't my machine, a AMD 2700X, 16GB G-skill RAM, SSD 860 Pro, EVGA 2080 Ti, 750W BEQUIET PSU,  Metro Exodus, a particularly machine taxing game, runs without issue so I'm sure it's something their end. 

Also other players are seeing similar issues not only on pc but consoles too which also makes me think it's their end not ours that has the issue.

Message 15 of 21 (575 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yep still happening.  Can play for 5 to 10 minutes then crash to desktop.  No rhyme or reason to it.  

Message 16 of 21 (535 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah same here.

I re-installed the whole game in the hope it would help but nah. 

I did manage to get to loot limit yesterday but that was once out of three attempts.

It's odd because other parts of the game are rock solid.

Message 17 of 21 (528 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

OMG!!!!!!

im lucky im bald already!!!! cause if i werent i would be today!

Seriuosly! game servers crash the game again and again, events despawn... etc etc.

this piece of crap. im so mad right now.

Message 18 of 21 (522 Views)

★★ Guide

Today I was contacted by EA help, a very helpful chap called Wade. Anyhoo after several tweets going back and forth explaining the issue and how it's not only affecting PC's but consoles too, the best advice he could give is to keep reporting the issues here.

So folks if you have had issues when running freeplay, usually involving a crash, then please post about it here or elsewhere in the Bug Report forum.

Message 19 of 21 (497 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same on PC.

Most times the game freezes and crashes to desctop when i arive in a cristal event on freeplay, but also other locations on freeplay sometimes.

Message 20 of 21 (473 Views)