Pre cataclysm crashes game constantly

★★★ Newbie

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Freeplay Pre Cataclysm live event
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 3
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Colossus
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Game location is N/A as crashes happen constantly and without warning.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Everyday almost every10-15 mins
Summarize your bug Pacific time (Vancouver B.C.)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm sure you're already aware, but just play freeplay.
What happens when the bug occurs? Abruptly crashes and brings me to main menu, says server has shut down. Doesn't do what it usually does and bring me back to existing session. Instead I have to reload back to Freeplay each time.
What should be happening instead? Not crash.

The game worked perfectly fine for months until the pre events went live. I don't have any recording or game play but I'm sure my description says it all. 

This constant crashing has rendered the game unplayable. After months of waiting patiently for this event to begin, this is very disappointing. 

If this issue persists, I'm worried about when the cataclysm actually begins, considering it's a timed event, people won't stand for it. More whining and hate videos. I love this game, so this report is simply to let. You know. I'm watching people's frustration mound even amidst the diehards of the anthem player base. Everyone thinks that once the cataclysm finally drops, that the crashes will cease and I really hope so. 

I'm sure you're all very aware of the issue, complaints are all over about this. Please please please fix this issue. Lol I love this game, but damn is this frustrating. 

Message 1 of 21 (1,196 Views)

Re: Pre cataclysm crashes game constantly

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm on PC and just started having crashing to desktop issues since the pre-Cataclysm began. It only seems to happen during Freeplay, however. I've been able to complete missions and strongholds. Just now, today, I tried twice getting into Freeplay, and within minutes of landing on the Fort Tarsis platform, the game froze and crashed to desktop.

Edit: It seems that I was able to get into Freeplay by using a starting point other than Fort Tarsis. Not sure why that is, but I just spent a good chunk of time in Freeplay without problems.

Message 2 of 21 (1,100 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@bookcat07 Sam
Same problem here. No crashing for months, then today BOOM, can't stay in freeplay longer than 2 minutes before crash to desktop.
Message 3 of 21 (1,096 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Rider0701Which platform did you start from in Freeplay? I like Fort Tarsis, but that seems to be where I end up crashing to desktop.

Message 4 of 21 (1,088 Views)

★★ Guide

A Community manager tweeted today that apparently Freeplay should be better or even fixed.

I tried it about 10mins ago and had a crash to desktop within 15mins.

It isn't fixed for me at least.

Message 5 of 21 (1,077 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Started playing during pre-Cataclysm so I don't know how it was earlier but me too have frequent crashes (to desktop, without any warnings and messages) on PC, mostly during freeplay (maybe it's just because for now I play it most often statistically ). Crashes seems to be unpredictable, Sometimes I can play for hours without a single crash and sometimes I have 3-5 consecutive crashes to desktop in 10-15. Once I had BSOD (playing Anthem) caused by memory issues but I made memory stress test by AIDA64 and tested memory with other programs just a few days before and it's ok, so it's definitely not the windows or DRAM issue. I suspect there is a problem on server side.

Message 6 of 21 (1,073 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@JaksenDare Actually, they made it worse for me. Now it immediately crashes to desktop upon landing on the landing pad.

@bookcat07 I've tried multiple landing pads and had the issue. I havn't tried Fort Tarsis yet though.
Message 7 of 21 (1,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I replied to said CM's tweet and relayed the info I posted above.

I'm going to hope the server maintenance helps today.

Message 8 of 21 (1,027 Views)

★ Guide

Same problem in essence on PS4 for me but I get the CE error when I get kicked out after a random amount of time. Never used to happen before last patch. 

Message 9 of 21 (1,021 Views)

★★ Pro

My PC version of the game has been crashing quite a few times as well since the Echoes Of Reality event became activated in Freeplay. Sometimes it take around 10 to 15 minutes, but sometimes 50% of the time Freeplay does not crash at all.

Message 10 of 21 (1,003 Views)