Re: Power shuts off when there is a power generator on lot.

by crinrict

Original Post

Power shuts off when there is a power generator on lot.

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for machine
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put power generator in apartment building turn on power generator and wait for electric company to turn off power, power is shut off on lot despite generator running, if generator is running power should still remain on as long as generator is running.
What happens when the bug occurs? same as above.
What do you expect to see? when power company turns off power and water, lots with internal power generators and water makers should keep power on as long as the generators or water makers are running. Power company should not be able to shut down a internal source of power and water.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

none.

Message 1 of 13 (10,750 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Sid1701d9 Do you have this issue only in apartments or also if you try the same in houses ?

Is this a CL apartment building or an ECO one and does it happen in both ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (10,678 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I will try it in a normal lot when I have a chance.

Edit: I went to the other lot in Oasis Springs and added the power and water generator, it works when power is off for conservation day, but does not work when bills are due, which I don't get if you have power and water generating abilities and you put it to store, you should be able to keep the stored energy and water and use it even if bills are overdue.  Lots that get the water and electricity disconnected should operate as off the grid lots until bills are paid.  Both Green and Industry power and water generators, should override the power and water shutoff as your getting the power and water locally.

Edit: I checked the green energy ones too same  problem at least with the power, well, couldn't check the water one as there was no rain.  However, if you have it as store in the bill area that is your free energy or water to use no matter if your bills are  owed or not.

Message 3 of 13 (10,644 Views)

Hero
@Sid1701d9 You're talking off.-grid lots. Did you put off-grid on all the ones you're tested or do you also have this issue for regular lots ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (10,615 Views)

★★★★ Guide

No I am talking about regular lots as when they shut off the electricity and water for failure to pay your bills when you have the power and water  settings as store, with water and power generators failure to pay your bill shouldn't limit the power and water you collect internally.  Regular lots if you don't pay your bill function like "off grid lots", and when you have everything on store, and power and water generators on failure to pay bills shuts off water and electivity despite having a internal power and water source.

Message 5 of 13 (10,598 Views)

Hero
@Sid1701d9 Guess I didn't understand what you mean by this: Lots that get the water and electricity disconnected should operate as off the grid lots until bills are paid.

There are several reports of off grid not working properly with off grid, so I wanted to make sure, that's not what you're seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (10,594 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Its most likely the same problem as internal power sources should generator power reserves especially if you choose store as your not selling any unused power or water to the utility company.  Ok say like you have a mothly bill of 232 dollars in real and you store power on a disconnected generator, that uses gas.  The power company can't tell you that you can't hook up your house to a power generator.  Your get power that is not counted by the company because its internal to the lot.  I expect it to work the same way in the Sims 4.  You generate  power on lot and set everything in the bills section to store, when 24 hours after bills arrive they shutoff your power, and water even if the water and power generators are running. 

Message 7 of 13 (10,569 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have same issue. 

Also I think this is from a mod but landgrabb turned my powr off due to "squrriels" not sure if that's a mod or in game? But either way  it's supposed to act "off the grid" but I can't do anything even though I have power generators running!

This is on any regular lot that's normally not off the grid. I use a mod that lowers wages 50% to be more real and after a fire I ran out of money. Coudlnt pay bills and water and power went off even though I have generators so it should work like off the grid like it used to.

Message 8 of 13 (10,480 Views)

★★★ Novice

So had power turned off for power conservation day by the N. A. P. 

..... Power generators still don't work. 

It makes them useless if they can't be used when you have no power!

Anyone have a fix for this yet? 

Message 9 of 13 (8,539 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DragonWolf5589 Yep I tested that too, stupid power generators and water generators, if you set power to store in your bills and turn on the Power generator and water generator and you fail to pay your bills and they shutoff the power and the water, if you have power and water creating items on your lot you should still have power and water. The NAP think is also stupid too. I have power and water generator and they still shutoff the power and water during NAP days. Also I got fined for Water conservation day for having water in a pool, even though I had a water generator.
Message 10 of 13 (8,512 Views)