Original Post

Accepted Solution

Power & Water Bills Not Being Calculated

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move into a new house, see what you get billed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Water and power bills are always 0$, despite this, I am also constantly being fined $100 for excess power usage. The 'bills have been delivered to your mailbox' notification lists $0 for both water and power, only calculating the lot value. When going to pay these bills, the amount doesn't change so it's not a visual glitch.
What do you expect to see? There should be an amount greater than $0 for power and water bills if I'm not using many eco-friendly appliances.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

hello, I have all sims 4 packs including eco-living which I assume is part of the issue I'm having. you see, my power and water bills are not being calculated and are always showing up as $0 but I don't have very many eco-friendly appliances. This is only happening in one of my households in Glimmerbrook and I've had this bug since I moved into the house. 

Another issue I'm getting is that I'm constantly being billed $100 for 'excess water usage,' yet according to my bills, I'm not using any water. I've seen this bug on other posts, but I have yet to see a post addressing my water + power bill issue. 

for more information: only one of my households on the same save has this bug, I built the house myself using the cheat bb.moveobjects, and I have no mods or CC. 

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 8 (732 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Power & Water Bills Not Being Calculated

★★ Novice

UPDATE: this bug fixed itself after a while and is now charging my household properly. Haven't found a fix for repeated water conservation billing though other than completely repealing the NAP.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (641 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Katsoa Does your family own a business ? What NAPs do you have in your hood ? What lot traits does your lot have ?

Can you post a picture of your bill details ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (688 Views)

★★ Novice

thanks for the reply, no the family doesn't own any sort of business like a restaurant or vet clinic, on my bills info it shows the proper amount it's supposed to be charging me. my NAP's are attached as well, currently repealing the water conservation one as I don't know if constantly being charged is normal or a glitch as it happens almost every day. 

Message 3 of 8 (668 Views)

★★ Novice

UPDATE: this bug fixed itself after a while and is now charging my household properly. Haven't found a fix for repeated water conservation billing though other than completely repealing the NAP.

Message 4 of 8 (642 Views)

Hero
@Katsoa You still get messages without using water ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (624 Views)

★★ Novice

after repeal? no I am not, but before i would get billed multiple times a day which i’m not sure is an intended feature or a bug 🤷‍♀️

Message 6 of 8 (600 Views)

Hero
@Katsoa Did you use water though ? In your original report you say you get the message despite not being billed for water but now that you're properly billed, does that happen without using water (while NAP is active) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (587 Views)

★★ Novice

yea sorry, I was and am still using water in my household. The water conservation over-charging happened before and after the bills fixed themselves(and before the repeal). I stopped getting repeatedly billed(or billed at all) once the repeal was complete. 

Message 8 of 8 (572 Views)