by Adracha

Original Post

[OPEN] Power Usage in Bill Information too high

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them except Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? N/A
What happens when the bug occurs? Off the Grid lot, showing power being drawn at -22.5 per day even if I delete all items off the lot or just the power producing items. I cannot figure out what item is drawing power. Current household items include Scrappers Dew collector, Gordian Cot, the ambassador toilet, It's a Shower Tarp!, Chillville Portable cooler, Starlit childrens wastebasket and a Wheeled Trash Can. There are no lights in my off the grid lot. With power producing items on the lot it's -1.8 per day. I have 3 Classic Wind Turbines, 1 Solar Panel, 1 household generator and a solar roof. None of my normal items should be drawing power as far as I am aware or be a -22.5 when the lot is devoid of all buildings and items.
What do you expect to see? Low to 0 power usage because of the items in my home, or 0 power usage when I delete all items off the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Off the Grid lot, showing power being drawn at -22.5 per day even if I delete all items off the lot or just the power producing items. I cannot figure out what item is drawing power.

Current household items include Scrappers Dew collector, Gordian Cot, the ambassador toilet, It's a Shower Tarp!, Chillville Portable cooler, Starlit childrens wastebasket and a Wheeled Trash Can. There are no lights in my off the grid lot. In my personal inventory there is an electronic drafting tablet. Nothing in household inventory.

With power producing items on the lot it's -2.33 per day. I have 3 Classic Wind Turbines, 1 Solar Panel, and 1 household generator.

None of my normal items should be drawing power as far as I am aware or be a -22.5 when the lot is devoid of all buildings, items.

Here is my lot with all of my items

allitemsonlot.PNG

Here is the bills with all items present. Why do I need so much stuff to barely enough power no stuff that shouldn't consume power ???

allitemsonlotbills.PNG

My lot now empty, only the mailbox is off to the right outside of the screenshot.

nothingonlot.PNG

This is power usage with nothing on my lot including personal inventory.

nothingonlotbills.PNG

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (6,361 Views)

Re: Power Usage in Sims 4 Bill Information too high

★★★ Novice

Can somebody please explain this? I am beyond frustrated at trying to work this out. With no items on my lot I have a power consumption of -54. NOT ONE ITEM. And that’s off the grid. So what exactly is using power? It’s nigh impossible to play the game properly like this. 

I then added 3 power generators and fuelled them constantly for 5 days running. Not once did I generate any power. 

I have zero mods. This is exactly how an unmodded game works. I’ve tried it in 5 different worlds. 5 different lots. Off the grid and not off the grid. Eco Lifestyle fundamentally does not work and we don’t appear to be getting any answers regarding why. 

Message 2 of 10 (5,676 Views)

Hero
@Adracha What lot are you playing on ? Mt. Komorebi ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (5,669 Views)

★★★ Novice

A few different ones. Willow creek, oasis springs, newcrest, san Myshuno and Mt Korombei

Message 4 of 10 (5,667 Views)

Hero
@Adracha OK.

Thanks for the additional info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (5,660 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Would any more info help you? Eg specific lots. I know the one in mount koromei was the only empty lot. And the one in willow creek was the empty one opposite the BBF household. 

Message 6 of 10 (5,657 Views)

Hero
@Adracha I don't work for EA. They will ask if they need more info. Just wanted to make sure you don't have the known issue reported for SE.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (5,622 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Bumping, I have the same problem. No electrical objects, 3 solar panels + generator, I still get around -20 to -30 per day from literally nothing...Wish the bills would be more detailed so that they would show what actually takes power...
Message 8 of 10 (1,853 Views)

Hero
@RealSibuscus Which lot are you playing on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (1,823 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrictCopperdale or whatever its called, the one with the HighSchool and Auditorium next to it. I built on the empty lot. Every appliance I got is functional off-grid and the only thing that isn't is a computer that has a 5 power consumption rating (Added later to test). I put 3 solar roof panels, 1 wind roof turbine, a generator and had lot-features with the geothermal waters and the other one which reduces electricity costs. I get -20 to -30 daily. If I remove the computer it gets to like -10 to -15, but still, the only other literal appliances I have is the wooden off-grid fridge and the iron off-grid stove, that's it. My lights are candles. I deleted the game from frustration, so don't bother replying. Imma wait for the next Sims and hopefully Paradox teaches EA how to make a Sim game with "Life by You", because this one is just a mess. They don't focus on fixing bugs (Have to rely on the modding community most of the time to fix all the annoying major bugs, some as old as 5 years), but focus on bringing more contentless DLCs that only keeps breaking the game and introduces new bugs.

Message 10 of 10 (1,801 Views)