Re: Power Couple scenario - Possible outcomes have changed after update

by marianlarsen

Original Post

Power Couple scenario - Possible outcomes have changed after update

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Journy To Batuu, My Wedding Stories, Bust The Dust, Garden Oasis, Fashion Street, Blooming Rooms, Modern Menswear, Blooming Rooms, Carnival Streetwear.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start an existing save with this scenario active or start a new save.
What happens when the bug occurs? The possible outcomes have changed.
What do you expect to see? The correct possible outcomes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch from 3/15/2022.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or intentional.

I was working on getting my sims university degrees, one in communication (Management-branch) and the other in economics (Investor branch) so that I would be able to complete the business career without being fired or corrupt. And now the possible outcomes have changed to only the management branch as a possible outcome for one sim and either still married or divorced.

Previously one possible outcome was one sim becoming CEO and the other Angel Investor.

Now I feel like I’ve wasted a lot of time on this scenario.

Screenshot of the original scenario

Message 1 of 5 (474 Views)

★ Guide

In the patch notes for the March 15th Update it does mention a new outcome change for the scenario 

• The Power Couple Scenario will conclude now when one of your Sims receives a promotion to CEO. “

I haven’t tried that particular scenario yet so i’m not sure what the previous outcomes were.

Message 2 of 5 (370 Views)

★★ Guide
@MysticGlamazon Previously, one of the possible outcomes where one sim becoming CEO (management branch) and the other Angel Investor (Investor branch). Another possible outcome were both sims becoming CEO.
Message 3 of 5 (331 Views)

★ Guide

@marianlarsen Oh okay so yeah I think the patch is saying that now the new possible outcome is that as soon as one of the sims reaches either the top of the management or investment level the scenario will complete so no longer is it that both need to reach the top for it to complete just one. 

Message 4 of 5 (308 Views)

★★ Guide
@MysticGlamazon But they removed the previous possible outcomes in the process. Which makes me feel like I’ve wasted time and energy playing the scenario.

Wouldn’t it be better to just add it as a fourth possible outcome? I don’t understand the thought process behind the decision.
Message 5 of 5 (263 Views)