Re: Possible Sim Breaking Bug

by PepoJLD

Original Post

Possible Sim Breaking Bug

★★★ Newbie

TLTR: If you want to have "every" career at level 10, with all rooms unlocked, do not buy the reward "Connections" as it will start you at level 6, if you have progressed that far, on a career, but will list it at level 1 in the job panel. Also, you will not receive job rewards at the "max" your career level will appear is 5 when you have reached level 10. Also, no achievements are received for reaching top of the career.

Full Bug:

I create an "everything" Sim for all games. My everything sim will try to max all skills, aspirations and careers. I started my everything sim with the Renaissance Aspiration. This is the aps that wants you to get to level 3 in three careers. When doing this aspiration, my second career was Culinary , which I got to level 6, and branched into Chef. As soon as I got that level, I decided to switch to Writer and take it to level 10.

Once I finished that career, I decided to buy some new stuff. As I wanted to be able to get through my jobs quickly, I bought the reward "Connections" so I would start a bit ahead; I did not want to go through the first part of culinary again. I quit the Writer career after buying the Connections reward, and I joined Culinary. Just like that, I was a Pastry Chef, level 6 Chef, and I was ready to go.

I soon reached level 7, but I did not get a reward, which I thought odd, but I continued on. I checked my career panel, though, and was puzzled as my level said 2, not 7, but I though Oh well.

I continued through level 7, level 8 and still no rewards. I was a bit worried, but though maybe the room would open when I got to exce chef. I was soon at level 9 and I found that I had to write a cookbook. Heading over to the computer, I opened up the option to write and looked for Cookbook. It was not there. I thought "odd..." but continued with my playing, thinking it may pop up. I played my sim for a few days, but never did the option come open, so I decided to skip ahead by using the cheat. Once I used the cheat, I made it to exec chef, but again no rewards and I did not get the achievement for reaching top of my career. I then looked at my panel and saw that I was only level 5 on the Career, not 10. The room had not opened up and I had no other option to advance the career. I then tried to demote myself, to see if I could get back to level 5, but at pastry chef, I was fired from my job.

Now I think this is a bug with the reward as it starts you in the career panel at level 1, if you are level 6 or higher but the game only sees it as level 1. This is why the rewards do not appear and that the cookbook option did not open, as I was only level 4, not level 9.

I don't know if this is the right spot, sorry for posting here, but I wanted to bring it to folks attention as I found others having the cookbook problem.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (661 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having exactly the same issue... kind of annoying since I can't get any reward or complete the Careers, right now I'm Creator of Worlds in Writing, but I'm lvl5 (?) instead lvl10

Message 2 of 5 (633 Views)

★★ Novice

Anyone else having this issue? I haven't played at all since i can't progress over lvl 5in any career... and I can't find any answer in the thread. help please?

Message 3 of 5 (612 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Message 4 of 5 (601 Views)

★★ Novice

Any news with this bugs on the last patches? I haven't played waiting for a fix for this heh.

Message 5 of 5 (548 Views)