[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RX 570 8GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? TD-8322
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Worlds Edge and Kings Canyon
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Playing the game normaly
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 50-100
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Possible Memory leak when playing for some hours
What should be happening instead? The game should be running smoothly without FPS Spikes
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let the game run for a few hours.

I noticed that after playing the game for around 2-3~ Hours my game would start to lag when doing anything (Shooting, looking around, walking etc.) with the only fix being restarting the game completly.

I tried this again 2 times and both times it happened after 2-3~ Hours of gameplay. I have a pagefile of 12gb and after the game started to lag I looked at ram usage and both my physical ram and virtual page were full.

Message 1 of 8 (2,597 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Possible Memory leak when playing for some hours

Community Manager

@T732232 

Thanks! 

If you haven't already can you try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that helps at all? If there's anything else running on the PC that could be related that may help to get around it. 

For more details on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you've got a chance.

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (2,376 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Been getting this issue as well I've had to restart the game every hour to make sure it does not happen

Message 2 of 8 (2,528 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @T732232

Since you're running 8GB of RAM a 12GB page file makes sense. The rule of thumb is generally 1.5 times your available RAM. 

Did this just recently start happening? Have you made any hardware changes to your PC recently? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 8 (2,473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

For me it started to happen right after the launch of Season 6 when the lag spikes would randomly show up and not go away. (Even after cleaning the ram)

I had some driver installation issues with my GPU but other than that I haven't done any changes to my PC or Hardware

(Edit: Normally this wouldn't be such a big deal since you could simply restart the game, but the 3x times it happened I had to leave my entire team alone; Hence I gave this post "Major impact") 

Message 4 of 8 (2,452 Views)

Community Manager

@T732232 

Got it, thanks!

When you have the chance would you mind sharing a DxDiag here so we can take a look? For more information on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 8 (2,412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Sure thing!

Message 6 of 8 (2,390 Views)

Community Manager

@T732232 

Thanks! 

If you haven't already can you try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that helps at all? If there's anything else running on the PC that could be related that may help to get around it. 

For more details on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you've got a chance.

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 8 (2,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

4th Nov 2021

playing around in Firing Range for about 10mins and my vram maxing 2gb! (gtx 1050 2gb)

the vram will slowly filling up 

been testing this for days observing the msi overlay to monitor the vram 

i have been having mini freezes when opening inventory or death boxes

example: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/obdlhp/has_this_been_happening_to_anyone_else_since_th... 

been having this problem for months but only recently found out it was because of texture streaming budget

and when this happens my VRAM is maxed out (remember this was still only Firing Range, haven't even going to the bigger maps yet)

only way to "fix" this freezes at this moment is by turning off texture streaming budget

other related info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/llepk0/pc_a_fix_for_apex_texture_streaming_budget/  (didnt work for me)

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/phcyo0/vram_memory_leak/ 

Message 8 of 8 (1,031 Views)