Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Possible Loot Bug(connected to lvl 1 bug)

by teacup775

Original Post

Possible Loot Bug(connected to lvl 1 bug)

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB @ 3200
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? All Expeditions of all types
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 2
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. While doing legendary contracts and freeplay. Lvl 1 bug most often occurs in launch bay.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) randomly and intermittently
Summarize your bug There are server sync issues and sometimes it seems to default to some of the client side placeholders. I think when the lvl 1 bug happens it's reverting to client side placeholder values and effectively nerfing loot. This is very preliminary and more testing needs to be done. This raised a big red flag as I was doing luck testing runs at base luck. I was having some unusually buggy stuff happen and three contracts in a row I only got blue on purple on GM2. It could be a really bad run of luck, and getting three runs in a row no MW is statistically possible, but... I've been doing luck testing and this is very anomalous. Even at base luck testing has shown that within three contracts there should be at least one MW drop. At GM2 I was getting consistently at least 5% on average MW drops pre loot hotfix. Although I am still collecting new data post hotfix the rates are supposed to have been increased. I would not be so alarmed except so many others have reported never getting legendaries and very few mw. At first I was dismissing those reports as trolls trying to stir things up. I had all reason to be skeptical of those reports. There are a lot of people out in the "Salt Mine" with ill intent. I was getting good drops, and so are most players. This could be a tricky bug to confirm and pin down if it is real. I will continue my luck testing now with the additional purpose of having a baseline expectation of what drops should be for people. If you want to contribute to the luck testing effort you can dm me for instructions and a data collection spreadsheet. I would please ask everyone to monitor and be aware of the following: -The lvl 1 bug: always clear it by entering the Forge via Fort Tarsis or The Launch Bay. Menu entry does not clear the bug -The default appearance bug: forgets your appearance settings; was present when I had the anomalous luck streak -The Launch Bay seems prone to "getting weird," I am going to avoid using it for now. -armor/hp bug; because it seems that somehow the game "forgets" player variables I suspect that the root cause could be connected to the shield/armor bug; use armor and shield sigils and +armor/shield% inscriptions If you notice any weird extreme runs of bad luck pay attention to if you're getting any bugs or unusual levels of bugginess.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Allow lvl 1 bug to occur(happens randomly to most players) and play as if normal. A lot of other bugs are directly connected to this bugged state
What happens when the bug occurs? Game appears to desync with server and revert to client side placeholders. Essentially treats player as if progress is partly or completely forgotten. -locks player out of stronghold -uses client side loot values and effectively nerfs loot(security concerns here perhaps?) -forgets appearance and reverts to defaults -armor bug may be connected to the lvl 1 bug
What should be happening instead? Should be dropping loot normally

related links that may help with some other bugs as well as this one:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Possible-Loot-Bug/m-p/7697829/highlight/false#M60266

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumAnthem/comments/b0tki8/anthem_pc_troubleshooting_bug_fixes_and/

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumAnthem/comments/b1zvnj/possible_lootluck_bug/

Message 1 of 2 (43 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Possible Loot Bug(connected to lvl 1 bug)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have to say I am experiencing the same issue after one day of pleasant loot drops (legendaries dropping) post update.

I am geared with 90%+ luck but at gm2 contracts see blue and epics and rarely a mw. Upon return to the Fort I end up lvl 1 around 10%. 

I the launch bay my javelin can render as default model.

When this happens I simply dash board and restart the game.

All this on a ps4.

Message 2 of 2 (26 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help